'Borderlands' Movie - Starring Cate Blanchett, Kevin Hart, Jamie Lee Curtis, Ariana Greenblatt & Jack Black | August 9, 2024

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
They drop the trailer for this while embracer trying to sell gearbox to anyone with a dollar in they pocket :mjlol:

This shyt looks terrible to...who greenlit this:mjlol:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Man, some of you a miserable. Movie looks fun. I love the first 2 games, so I'm in for this. Isn't the dude in the mask a random bad guy in the game? I hope they add the little people and big guys in the game. I think one of the phrases one of the big guy uses is "killing time!" Ii would say that shyt randomly. :heh:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I saw dungeons and dragons a couple months back; a movie I had zero interest in 6-months ago based on the trailer but good word of mouth convinced me to finally check it out on a lazy day… turned out to be a great video game movie.

I vaguely remember that first Jumanji movie with Hart and Jack Black was also solid. So i see where they’re trying to go with this, but it’ll come down to can they execute a coherent story with heart (amidst all the goofy) like with the aforementioned.

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps
If your budget is $5M for a lead white woman, why choose Kate. I actually enjoy here acting and she did well in Thor but come on. Then again would you rather see Emily Blunt?
:patrice:
Either way, who would be the best female lead? I don’t think Kate adds much to people wanting to see the movie. The IP is the draw and I guess Kevin Hart.

I’m glad they didn’t choose Gal Gadot. J Law wouldn’t have been a bad choice. Especially have seeing that naked suplex.
:russ:
Anne Hathaway makes that have been cool. I don’t remember her in any action movies. Jessica Chastain would have been perfect. Ana De Arms is kinda over saturated right now as is Margot.

I’ll probably wait to watch it on the plane on my way back home November.
:ehh:

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I saw dungeons and dragons a couple months back; a movie I had zero interest in 6-months ago based on the trailer but good word of mouth convinced me to finally check it out on a lazy day… turned out to be a great video game movie.

I vaguely remember that first Jumanji movie with Hart and Jack Black was also solid. So i see where they’re trying to go with this, but it’ll come down to can they execute a coherent story with heart (amidst all the goofy) like with the aforementioned.

I think the combination of leads is what has me hesitant. Kevin Hart as Roland (the fukk?) and Kate Blanchett? I think it would have been better with young unknowns or relatively new comers. But w/e. Hope it does well because I actually like the Borderlands franchise.

Except the story for BL 3. They dropped the ball on that big time.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
i think Tiny Tina is pretty similar in character. She was more filthy in the game, but let’s see how the movie is. Old Lilith seems cold and miserable; I don’t remember if that’s how she was in the game.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't know what to think. I see the creators wanted it to be like a James Gunn flick. I don't know too much about the games, I've seen other people play them but I haven't.

Same here, I'm going into to this blind, I know the games but never played them