'Borderlands' Movie - Starring Cate Blanchett, Kevin Hart, Jamie Lee Curtis, Ariana Greenblatt & Jack Black | August 9, 2024

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Dirty yet glossy at the same time, fallout tv series was less gloss than this

TDT

All Star
Daps
Why didn't they cel-shade this like the games.. probably will be a DVD feature

daemonova

Daps
this looks like the pitch was, "What if Guardians of the Galaxy was as bad as Suicide Squad?"
There are elements here based on the first game, which is based on the Mad Max movies (which they deny :weirdo: )

Everything else is just coincidence

Conz

Superstar
Daps
There are elements here based on the first game, which is based on the Mad Max movies (which they deny :weirdo: )

Everything else is just coincidence
they put an ELO song in the trailer. the entire thing was cut to make it look like it's a new Guardians of the Galaxy style romp. once you make a movie based on something, the source material barely matters, b/c the hardcore fans of said source material just end up bytching relentlessly about how bad the adaptation is. i don't even know what Borderlands is outside of seeing the logo 100 times in my life, and i guarantee the consensus on this trailer is both, "this looks like a crappy Guardians of the Galaxy" and, "wtf did they do to the game?!"

i'm not looking though, so if i'm wrong just let me pretend i'm right

daemonova

Daps
they put an ELO song in the trailer. the entire thing was cut to make it look like it's a new Guardians of the Galaxy style romp. once you make a movie based on something, the source material barely matters, b/c the hardcore fans of said source material just end up bytching relentlessly about how bad the adaptation is. i don't even know what Borderlands is outside of seeing the logo 100 times in my life, and i guarantee the consensus on this trailer is both, "this looks like a crappy Guardians of the Galaxy" and, "wtf did they do to the game?!"

i'm not looking though, so if i'm wrong just let me pretend i'm right
It's post apocalyptic game where you go around collecting weapons like Destiny but with single player, they never really had a MMO.

Later games had co op