Boondocks Season 4 Premieres Tomorrow - Pretty Boy Flizzy Promo Trailer

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Boondocks don't stand a chance this season. It was a good episode but since it MacGruder not part of it, they going to shyt on it no matter what. It was far from wack. it was better than the Obeezy episode.
*wonders why this dude is caping so hard*

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
shyt was an average ass Boondocks episode.
Its like ya'll want to dislike this shyt just because McGruder isn't involved anymore.
I bet if they never annonced it publicly ya'll wouldn't know the difference :stopitslime:
shyt was one of the weaker (if not the weakest) episode thus far regardless of whether McGruder was involved or not. Not every episode in the series has been a hit but this first ep was definitely a miss.

Actually, let me stop...I'm sure most of y'all are trolling. No one cares if McGruder is involved or not...all that matters is whether the season is funny. This first episode was not only not that funny, but also unoriginal by Boondocks standards. The only new aspect of this ep was Sarah finally showing some sort of appreciation for Tom...everything else is rehashed (particularly the main storyline of Tom trying to keep his wife in front of the threat of a black male celebrity)

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
shyt was one of the weaker (if not the weakest) episode thus far regardless of whether McGruder was involved or not. Not every episode in the series has been a hit but this first ep was definitely a miss.

Actually, let me stop...I'm sure most of y'all are trolling. No one cares if McGruder is involved or not...all that matters is whether the season is funny. This first episode was not only not that funny, but also unoriginal by Boondocks standards. The only new aspect of this ep was Sarah finally showing some sort of appreciation for Tom...everything else is rehashed (particularly the main storyline of Tom trying to keep his wife in front of the threat of a black male celebrity)
I aint read none of that shyt fakkit. :heh:
Ya'll can dislike it all you want I'm still watchin

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
The term 'hater' is so overused nowadays that shyt is not even funny. Some nikkaz wasn't feeling the episode, so? dikkriding nikkaz in here defending this shyt and calling everybody who dissents 'haters' like they are part of the street crew :camby:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Just for the record, the episode was written by Angela Nissel, who was a writer and consulting producer on Scrubs. She also worked with McGruder and Reginald Hudlin trying to develop one of her books into a film, which didn't come together in the end. More interestingly for The Coli's type of discussions though, she's mixed, so you guys can go analyze to death how her biracialness affected the episode.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
Just for the record, the episode was written by Angela Nissel, who was a writer and consulting producer on Scrubs. She also worked with McGruder and Reginald Hudlin trying to develop one of her books into a film, which didn't come together in the end. More interestingly for The Coli's type of discussions though, she's mixed, so you guys can go analyze to death how her biracialness affected the episode.

her white side made it funny
uncle-ruckus1.jpg

Un-AmericanDreamer

Simp City
Daps

A woman wrote it :ohhh: She went in on her sex

Un-AmericanDreamer

Simp City
Daps
The direction it's going in makes me wanna watch. Coulda had a better Chris Brown character. More charisma. Uncle Ruckus was fine. Tom's wife reminded me more of the stereotypical Black women. Then a White woman. I didn't buy it. Not that it's not White women like that but it would have been better with a Black women.

I think it's intentional. Tom acts more like a quote-on-quote "white guy" and sarah acts more like a quote-on-quote "sista". Salt and Pepper trope. You see it a lot in buddy cop flicks and movies where there's a black guy and a white guy working together. Sometimes they flip it to make the white guy be the cool spontaneous soul brother and the black guy the uptight straight-laced by the book one. Tom is more salt. Sarah is more pepper.

Last edited:

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can't say it was funny at all.
I chuckled a few times but overall I felt pretty unimpressed.
And is it me or has the quality of the animations dropped a great deal ?
I swear I recall the show having wonderful illustration so watching Monday's episode
was a bit jarring to be honest.

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

maybe to you, but I know plenty of ppl that enjoy other aspects of the show more ( like satire)

Detroit Wave

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The D
The term 'hater' is so overused nowadays that shyt is not even funny. Some nikkaz wasn't feeling the episode, so? dikkriding nikkaz in here defending this shyt and calling everybody who dissents 'haters' like they are part of the street crew :camby:
nikkas dikkriding like they on the payroll :heh:

the episode was lackluster, point blank. :manny: