Boondocks Season 4 Premieres Tomorrow - Pretty Boy Flizzy Promo Trailer

Crakface

Daps
Reppin
L.A
Animation looks cheap as fukk, shyt wasnt funny at all.

Start callin this shyt The c00ndocks.

Invisible Man

The Real Huey
Daps
Reppin
Outer Space
How did they ruin this :dwillhuh:
They turned it into a c00nfest. The jokes felt like they were written by white people who think they know what makes blacks funny, which is probably why this ep wasn't funny at all. Unlike the McGruder episodes, this one didn't even have a moral or message behind it, it was the most mindless episode they could've possibly put out as a season premiere. The best part of this episode was hearing Run the Jewels' Banana Clipper at the end when they showed the preview for the next episode.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Then why is he being brought up so much in this thread and in every review of the episode, breh?:dwillhuh:
Two reasons

1) it was recently announced that he wasn't gonna write this season so it's fresh in everyone's minds since he is the creator of the characters in the first place

2) The backlash against people who disliked the episode in this thread was written off as "people upset that McGruder ain't back." If you run back through the thread you'll see that hardly anyone complained about McGruder not writing this episode (most felt this was on par with some of the average episodes) but the posters who "loved" the episode brought dude up first. It's really a non-issue

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Boondocks was a c00nfest to begin with. Let's be honest. It was a black writer blowing up the issue of race to over the top proportions to make clear the idea of the c00n and c00n behavior.

All it is is a field guide for white people to better understand black people.

It's just that when a white person writes it you guys want to pout like little hoes :camby:

"But it was OURR c00n showww!! :sadbron:"

Invisible Man

The Real Huey
Daps
Reppin
Outer Space
What happened to this show, it used to be deep and have relevant social commentary. I watched every season leading up to this new one, and the first season still stands as by far the best season, and likely the most personal to the series creator.

Black Dynamite is a better show now because in the context of what Black Dynamite stands for, it's allowed to be silly, over-the-top, and just plain ridiculous, and the twisted storylines match the wacky animation and writing perfectly. Thing is, Black Dynamite, in spite of its silliness, still manages to exude some poignant moments, such as in the Richard Pryor episode - and it didn't even have to tbh. I hope McGruder's next show, Black Jesus, is a return to what made season 1 of The Boondocks so damn good.

Shadow

Enjoy your life and loved ones.
Daps
It was alright, I guess. Can't even remember what I laughed at though, :weirdo:.

Uncle Ruckus wasn't even funny to me. Main thing that stuck out was the animation, especially when Tom was talking to his wife they had his mouth and teeth and whole face just looking super exaggerated. It was weird looking.

Tom from the earlier seasons:
Tom_Dubois.jpg

the-boondocks-raped-in-holding.jpg

Tom now:
stfutom_zpscb678a99.png

0.jpg

I almost forgot they killed off Bushido Brown, that character had potential. They need to do a fighting tournament type episode(shout out to Bloodsport) with him, Luna, Black Dynamite, etc. I know we got flashbacks but I'd like a full episode.

Tumblr_lkwr5jLCrO1qbzqh4o1_400.jpg

500px-Luna_(The_Boondocks).jpg

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
This episode felt like it lacked substance, like it was forced and of poor quality. However there were some funny parts i.e. uncle ruckus.

@BlackBrainChild You do make a strong point about blacks being huge consumers, but we give all of our money to everyone outside of the black community. This is why middle easterners, arabs, asians can establish business in our communities and take all of our money. They take our money and they damn sure aren't giving black people any jobs, unless maybe a security guard to police your own people, at best. And when these foreigners aren't getting our money we give it to white corporations.

What you allude to is called group economics. We start our own businesses, support them, hire black employees and pass down wealth and legacies. The problem is we have so much self hatred conditioned into us by living in this white supremacist country, that blacks tend to look at each other with contempt and disrespect. Then at the same time they'll turn into a fukking diplomat for a non black person. Ever notice how competitive nikkas are with each other? Yeah they aren't that way with non blacks, that's just one manifestation of self hatred permeating throughout our community. One of many.