Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The bio on the official Boondocks Instagram page, spotted by Okayplayer, has revealed that the date for the reboot to premiere on HBO Max has been rescheduled to 2022 after the series was originally announced for Fall 2020. Production on the series has been delayed several times, especially with the death of John Witherspoon, the voice actor behind Huey and Riley's eccentric, old-fashioned ladies' man Granddad.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
I really hope this isn't another season four situation where Aaron is trying to do all the work by himself. :francis:

The reboot was announced two years ago, and so far, we've gotten some concept art, but nothing else. If J.D. Witherspoon hadn't made that video calling out the producers, we wouldn't know anything that's going on.

Last edited:

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
I should neg you for bumping this :unimpressed:
you should neg yourself for giving a fukk about negs :mjlol:

I really hope this isn't another season four situation where Aaron is trying to do all the work by himself. :francis:

The reboot was announced three years ago, and so far, we've gotten some concept art, but nothing else. If J.D. Witherspoon hadn't made that video calling out the producers, we wouldn't know anything that's going on.
its a wrap.
brehs i know who were working on it, are ALL working on other shyt now

Drip Bayless

Superstar
Daps
proxy-image

Daps
Reppin
The Caribbean

The reboot was announced two years ago, and so far, we've gotten some concept art, but nothing else. If J.D. Witherspoon hadn't made that video calling out the producers, we wouldn't know anything that's going on.

I honestly expected him to Garner more respect and ready-willing hands based off making something as iconic as the Boondocks, but maybe it wasn't as big as my nostalgia is telling me it was?

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
So it was actually in production? I had a feeling that they announced it too early without actually having much done
It was in production
a lot of the character designs were done for both the game and the tv show. There was gonna be a movie too :mjcry:
I honestly expected him to Garner more respect and ready-willing hands based off making something as iconic as the Boondocks, but maybe it wasn't as big as my nostalgia is telling me it was?

It was big, but there’s a lot of behind the scenes shyt that has happened.
They need to do some kind of unsung/30 for 30 type shyt about Aaron/boondocks and Sony.

Last edited:
Daps
I can't fukk with Aaron Mcgruder no more. This nikka knows Hollywood is racist and hates his ass yet still opened the front door for them. Giving them jobs and making all types of racist jokes about black people.

Hollywood clearly used him and then kicked him off his own show... then ran the show into the ground the very next season. Straight up bytched him, But dark skin black people are the bad guys to Aaron Mcgruder he always had the villain of the episode be a dark skin black dude. Playing up colorism. The Freeman's were the most light skin black people in the whole show. But it didn't matter because Hollywood still shat on them as soon as they took the wheel. Dude never brought Ceasar to the show because Hollywood didn't want any good dark skin black dudes there. Which was such an obvious sign where things were going to go.