745620_v2.jpg

Ain't the first time smh
Wait that's real???:dwillhuh:

Tical

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There’s no way this is coming this year and not even a teaser has been released yet.

Always seems like there’s some behind the scenes fukkery with Aaron Mcgruder led projects

Nah man there’s a bunch of films/shows confirmed as coming to HBO Max this year that also don’t have trailers or teasers out yet.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
745620_v2.jpg

Ain't the first time smh

:mjlol: How the fukk can Ernie Hudson not sound like himself!

Wait that's real???:dwillhuh:

Yeah this actually happened

When the Justice League animated series was being cast, producers wanted a 'Dennis Haysbert type' for Green Lantern John Stewart.

Dennis Haysbert auditioned for John Stewart, but Phil LaMarr was cast instead. Dennis Haysbert played Kilowog.

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Why? The image (style) or the message?
Huey would never say some shyt like that. Huey is the same conspiracy nut that believe 9/11 was done by Elite US Politician (inside job) and talk about the deep states

You can’t water down Huey it would just be shallow character. I like the new art Though

OVER

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
Yeah I pass

Yeah, this was a concern of mine, it seems they're going to fit Huey into a 2020 lens when in reality Huey supposed to be hated by both side for being unwavering too principled and yeah conspiratorial. He'd have a whole host of conspiracies' about a vaccine. He definitely wouldn't say no shyt like a fake progressive is better than a real fascist.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Huey would never say some shyt like that. Huey is the same conspiracy nut that believe 9/11 was done by Elite US Politician (inside job) and talk about the deep states

You can’t water down Huey it would just be shallow character. I like the new art Though
Huey believes in conspiracies but he's not a dummy either.

If anything, I'd see granddad and Riley spouting that 5G bullshyt and Huey going :snoop: And then they'd try to turn it on Huey by pointing out all the conspiracy theories he believes while Huey points out that his theories are well-founded and researched while they're just being followers too easily influenced by fake news and pseudo-science on Facebook.

And let's not forget, Huey is basically Aaron McGruder's avatar. He's a proxy for all his beliefs.

Last edited:

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps

It tracks for me.

Huey was a conspiracy kinda person at the time of the original run, but he's definitely not someone who'd be on that end of things in 2020. He'd be the kind of person who looked at the way those winds are blowing and wouldn't want to be on the same side of the people who believe those kinds of things to the insane level some of them believe.

I know these characters don't "age" in the traditional sense, but if you think of time as the barometer, he's probably grown up a lot since the first run.

Huey believes in conspiracies but he's not a dummy either.

If anything, I'd see granddad and Riley spouting that 5G bullshyt and Huey going :snoop: And then they'd try to turn it on Huey by pointing out all the conspiracy theories he believes while Huey points out that his theories are well-founded and researched while they're just being followers too easily influenced by fake news and pseudo-science on Facebook.

And let's not forget, Huey is basically Aaron McGruder's avatar. He's a proxy for all his beliefs.

This.