Veteran
Daps

Tim Dripcan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
'The Boondocks' Reboot will Feature a Deep-Fake John Witherspoon as Grandad

That deep-fake bs.

They should of just left the character alone and let Jennifer Lewis come on board as their aunt.

If you check The Boondocks Instagram page a lot of fans are unhappy about the JD video experience. The people running page disabled some of the comment sections. :mjgrin:

So I was on a YouTuber live stream by the name of TheStoryTeller and a couple of his people in the comment section leaked who is voicing grandad before the comments got deleted.

So apparently it's this breh

Tré Williamson (@trewilliamson) • Instagram photos and videos

Here's his John Witherspoon ”Impersonation” video

if it's true then :francis:

Ahadi

Veteran
Daps
If you check The Boondocks Instagram page a lot of fans are unhappy about the JD video experience. The people running page disabled some of the comment sections. :mjgrin:

So I was on a YouTuber live stream by the name of TheStoryTeller and a couple of his people in the comment section leaked who is voicing grandad before the comments got deleted.

That’s disrespectful.

He’s not even doing it authentically.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York

Honestly, that impression could have been worse, but it's not better than J.D.'s. This reboot's gonna flop if it ever comes out. :mjcry:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I just don’t understand why they wouldn’t give John’s son the part.

I COMPLETELY understand that its Hollywood we’re talking about and strange shyt happens. But dude sounds EXACTLY like his pops. I don’t understand why even have him come into audition if he wasn’t going to be seriously considered.

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA

I COMPLETELY understand that its Hollywood we’re talking about and strange shyt happens. But dude sounds EXACTLY like his pops. I don’t understand why even have him come into audition if he wasn’t going to be seriously considered.
...to give their audition process — and thus their original "final" choice — legitimacy in the eyes of fans

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York

I honestly feel like they did all this to fukk with him. Like on some "let's see how much pain we can put him through" shyt.

He wasn't even thinking about the job when they approached him. It should have been a done deal once they found out his impression was spot-on, and it's not like they would have had to pay him as much as they would have paid John. But they made it worse for themselves, and now, the show is in deep trouble before a trailer has even been released.

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
745620_v2.jpg

Ain't the first time smh