Boondocks going in on Tyler Perry appreciation

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
On a deeper level some of his works, like the family that preys, why did i get married 1&2, n a few others are critical of black women. On a deeper deeper level, why do our movies always have to provide insight into our community? Why cant a black movie be made for purely aesthetical purposes?
I HAVE BEEN SAYING THIS FOR YEARS.......
why does every black movie always talk about either relationships or being in the hood?
why cant tyler perry or one of these black directors make a movie with black people in them instead of black movies? horror,action, suspense anything.. and I just heard they are making ANOTHER Best Man movie with the same cast :aicmon: why?

cleanface coney

Superstar
Daps
Well from my understanding Perry is being heralded as the savior and not just another actor. Those are actors who accept roles. Perry is responsible for shyt from start to finish.

I was thinking the same thing. I know this girl who is a hood movie encyclopedia. I ask her what do you actually get from those movies. Are they teaching you to be more black/nikka like:what:. I think it just teaches her to stay in the box.

The fact Perry is cleaning up in a white driven world w/out any opposition from whites, raises an eyebrow. It's almost like "yeah ****** keep doing what you doing, you good with us as long as you keep doing what you doing" don't touch on nothing that ain't already been touched on/nothing ground breaking/sans educational/uninspirational.

Right. Like how gangsta rap genre would get more push than conscience rap.

Old blacks generally are happy just being one step ahead of were they used to be. Ole be happy with what you got ass nikkas.

exactly

Tyler Perry is scary to me because he's the richest and most powerful black man in hollywood

all if his movies are greenlit
his movies are not of substance, nothing thought provoking, original

he's like the Official Movie Negro...i dont liek it
Spike Lee has dropped classics sionce the 80s( diverse topics, acting, real substance_

i dont think people realize the power that Tyler Perry has

for this man to portray the image he does( crossdressing, sassy, psuedo religious)

how can he be the most powerful black man in hollywood?

you notice all black leaders in different aspects of life

are always picked out for us
we never chose our black voice

not even Obama

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Well from my understanding Perry is being heralded as the savior and not just another actor. Those are actors who accept roles. Perry is responsible for shyt from start to finish.

I was thinking the same thing. I know this girl who is a hood movie encyclopedia. I ask her what do you actually get from those movies. Are they teaching you to be more black/nikka like:what:. I think it just teaches her to stay in the box.

The fact Perry is cleaning up in a white driven world w/out any opposition from whites, raises an eyebrow. It's almost like "yeah ****** keep doing what you doing, you good with us as long as you keep doing what you doing" don't touch on nothing that ain't already been touched on/nothing ground breaking/sans educational/uninspirational.

Right. Like how gangsta rap genre would get more push than conscience rap.

Old blacks generally are happy just being one step ahead of were they used to be. Ole be happy with what you got ass nikkas.
So when a whote man hires a black man to cross dress it's cool but when the black man dictates his own path andgets rich off it then cool. You sound like a Uncle Tom.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Crips and bloods hired more black men and women than Tyler Perry. whats your point? :aicmon:

So you're tryna equate hiring actors to star in roles to a gang hiring nikkas to commit crimes. Jesus Christ, I hope you aren't a black man.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
So when a whote man hires a black man to cross dress it's cool but when the black man dictates his own path andgets rich off it then cool. You sound like a Uncle Tom.
Why is it ok for tyler perry to be complacent in making the same simple average movies?
Why cant he think out of the box and use his power in hollywood to atleast produce something outside of the box?
why is that so hard to ask for? just because he making money dont mean he aint wack as fukk, and women will almost support anything catered to them so him having their seal of approval doesnt mean shyt..

cleanface coney

Superstar
Daps
Why is it ok for tyler perry to be complacent in making the same simple average movies?
Why cant he think out of the box and use his power in hollywood to atleast produce something outside of the box?
why is that so hard to ask for? just because he making money dont mean he aint wack as fukk, and women will almost support anything catered to them so him having their seal of approval doesnt mean shyt..

because a old white jew is telling him what black people want to see

on top of him being a crossdressing faq

this is who they want to be most powerful black man in hollywood

remember that my nikka

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
On a deeper level some of his works, like the family that preys, why did i get married 1&2, n a few others are critical of black women. On a deeper deeper level, why do our movies always have to provide insight into our community? Why cant a black movie be made for purely aesthetical purposes?

:rambo:

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps

Why can't Wes Craven do something outside the box. People have their lanes and sometimes they stick to it.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
wes craven is good at what he does.. he appeals to all races and sex's young and old

tyler perry only appeals to that 24-55 year old black female audeince..

big difference

What black casted and directed films do white people flock too?

Cynical Thoughts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So when a whote man hires a black man to cross dress it's cool but when the black man dictates to crossdress on his own path and gets rich off it then cool. You sound like a Uncle Tom.

From all that shyt I wrote only thing you got was that. First of all whites is still getting rich off Perry.

Cross dressing is a problem I never condoned Martin or Eddie doing it:what:.

So w/ that being said if you own your own studios and you know the plight of blacks in Hollywood he is in a position to change it. But what does he do, he takes that shyt to another level. :pachaha:

Actually you sounding like the double agent. I'm tryna explain how he is basicly doing the devils work(pun intended) and the only think you can do is misunderstand a comparison.

cleanface coney

Superstar
Daps

bro its the message they sending

you aint watched that Muhammed Ali interview when he in Europe in the 70s?
thats what they do put us in dresses

Dave Chappelle interview

outta all the black actors( good quality actors)

outta all the black directors lee, hughes, singleton that make quality movies with real messages

hey make Tyler Perry the most powerful

if you know his message and what he portrays

you dont think its funny hes the most powerful? a 6'4 black man in a dress...waving a gun....bible in the other hand

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Crazy how I only get this back lash when I ride for a black person. There are only a couple of posters on here who actually ride for our people and just don't talk down and how we should do shyt different. Shout out to @DaChampIsHere @Willstyles @fredrickthuglas and @Reaganomics.

Last edited by a moderator: