Boondocks going in on Tyler Perry appreciation

Onpoint12

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not even referencing cross dressing, I'm speaking on the anti Black man theme in a good percentage of his products

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
Wait hold up, the flow of thread is going in the wrong direction. :whoa:

fukk Tyler Perry and anybody that love him

Not gonna say fukk him breh because the c00nery is way worse then him. I didnt see c00ning in alex cross or the family that preys or why did i get married 1&2. His plays are different but they cater to the black christian market. Why cant we accept black art for purely aesthetical purposes? They downed langston hughes in the harlem renaissance for writing in black vernacular but at the end the of the day cant we appreciate another black man doing good for our community? If anything fukk the blind side, the green mile and forrest gump

cleanface coney

Superstar
Daps
Because thats HIS niche, his voice, his purpose. He felt Black life wasn't being shown in its best light. Why does Scorcese have to make mob type films? It's his style.

Edit: Don't get me twisted I understand what you're saying and I do agree to a certain extent. Trust.

but why is it the only black movies we see on tv

Jesus Is Lord

Give Thanks, Repent, and Forgive
Daps
Reppin
Christ
I have no doubt that Tyler perry makes movies for the most part for black women. It's just happenstance that there are good black men in those movies.

I know black women that will come to fisticuffs I you don't mention perry in a good light.

:salute: to him employing black people though.

I can't get wit none of his tv shows either.

His TV shows are WACK!

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
why does every black movie gotta portray black life?

i wanna see some black alien bytches
or a all black Oceans 11 kinda movie

you should read tales of earthsea breh it's like lord of the rings but the main character is like a black gandalf wiseman type of dude who travels the world made up of islands, and ever race has their own island like theres a viking island and egyptian type island shyt is piff... of course when it got adapted into a show tho they had to make him a cac in medieval britain cuz thats the only type of fantasy ppl are used 2 :pacspit:

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
I don't care about the anti men aspect of his movies,I got a problem with the fact that this nikka is the queen of black hollywood,and almost everything he makes is down right awful.He's a one trick pony,and he's bad at that one trick.

Scorsese may only do mob movies,but he's great at it.Not a good comparison.

cleanface coney

Superstar
Daps
you should read tales of earthsea breh it's like lord of the rings but the main character is like a black gandalf wiseman type of dude who travels the world made up of islands, and ever race has their own island like theres a viking island and egyptian type island shyt is piff... of course when it got adapted into a show tho they had to make him a cac in medieval britain cuz thats the only type of fantasy ppl are used 2 :pacspit:

smh thats fukked up
GREAT question.

im only pissed at the fact that we been had a quality black film director makin diverse topics

and for this crossdressing halfway spiritual trash to make 100 million every movie that drops is terrible

if he was on some straight to dvd type shyt cool

but Tyler Perry is the most powerful black man in hollywood
not famous or known
POWERFUL as in every movie gets greenlit

Meanwhile Spike Lee has to get investor for damn near evry one of his movies
that goes against the grain

Spike- Creative, controversial, quality, substance
Perry- trash, psuedo religious, crossdressing, generic

Onpoint12

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:laugh:

That one was f*cked up. Also the prison rape one was funny.

Yo, OP, what season and what episode was this? I got the 2nd and 3rd season on DVD but ain't watched it in ages. I need to cop me the 1st season too. And yes, waiting on season 4 right about now :yes:

Season 3 unsure episode number

cleanface coney

Superstar
Daps
I don't care about the anti men aspect of his movies,I got a problem with the fact that this nikka is the queen of black hollywood,and almost everything he makes is down right awful.He's a one trick pony,and he's bad at that one trick.

Scorsese may only do mob movies,but he's great at it.Not a good comparison.

exactly

Boolean

APIDTA
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY ENTERTAINMENT

Spike Lee said:
"Each artist should be allowed to pursue their artistic endeavors but I still think there is a lot of stuff out today that is 'c00nery' and buffoonery. I know it's making a lot of money and breaking records, but we can do better ... I see these two ads for these two shows [Tyler Perry’s Meet the Browns and House of Payne] and I am scratching my head ... We got a black president and we going back to Mantan Moreland and Sleep 'n' Eat?"...."We've had this discussion back and forth. When John Singleton [created his films], people came out to see Boyz n the Hood, but when he did Rosewood, nobody showed up. So a lot of this is on us. You vote with your pocketbook, your wallet. You vote with your time sitting in front of the idiot box, and the man has a huge audience, Tyler's very smart. ...We shouldn't think that Tyler Perry is going to make the same film that I am going to make, or that John Singleton or my cousin Malcolm Lee [would make]. As African Americans, we're not one monolithic group so there is room for all of that, but at the same time, for me, the imaging is troubling and it harkens back to Amos 'n' Andy."