Boondocks going in on Tyler Perry appreciation

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
you my nikka but bro Tyler Perry should not be the most powerful and richest black man in hollywood

a crossdressing 6'4 black man who only makes movie about the same shyt with the same people

if anythiing it should be Spike Lee

Well Martin and Eddie Murphy sure were some cross dressing nikkas too. Black need to stop being so sensitive and afraid to have work geared to us. Black is not wack bruh.

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
Spike lee is my morehouse brother but he should be trying to collab with tp and better the movie scene for all blacks
Scorsese and woody allen for example dont face these issues

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
you my nikka but bro Tyler Perry should not be the most powerful and richest black man in hollywood

a crossdressing 6'4 black man who only makes movie about the same shyt with the same people

if anythiing it should be Spike Lee

He's in that position because people like the movies breh. Black men and women flock to his movies and they like what they see:ehh:. I personally don't really care for his movies and his shows are awful, but I recognize that he employs a lot of black actors and actresses that would otherwise not have a job. If is wasn't for him we wouldn't really have any movies that would depict us on the level he is doing.

cleanface coney

Superstar
Daps
Why can't they BOTH be great? Why does it have to be ONE? Both made great/good/so-so/wack movies that employed many black actors and actresses. Why does Perry get all of the flack?

becuase Spike Lee has been makin quality movies for years...QUALITY

tyler perry is like the mcdonalds of director to me

they all the same no originality

how is he the most powerful black man in hollywood...a crossdressing psuedo bible pusher who probably a fakkit

can they make it more obvious bro?

the most POWERFUL BLACK MAN in HOLLYWOOD is a CROSSDRESS
meanwhile Spike Lee director of classic like MALCOLM X, DO THE RIGHT THING

can barely get supoort for his movies

but MADEA GOES TO JAIL sell 100 million times over

Jesus Is Lord

Give Thanks, Repent, and Forgive
Daps
Reppin
Christ
Well Martin and Eddie Murphy sure were some cross dressing nikkas too. Black need to stop being so sensitive and afraid to have work geared to us. Black is not wack bruh.

Martin's biggest movie was being dressed as an old fat ass lady. He made a damn TRILOGY of it.:manny: Tyler has touched numerous topics in his movies that were'nt being touched by white movie makers. Who would you guys want portraying Black life? A white man or a Black man?:comeon: I get what people are saying about him, but it's a little overboard.

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
The crossdressing issue is one that has been forced on black entertainers.
Jamie foxx
Ced the entertainer
Flip wilson
Hell even wesley fukkin snipes did it.

cleanface coney

Superstar
Daps
Martin's biggest movie was being dressed as an old fat ass lady. He made a damn TRILOGY of it.:manny: Tyler has touched numerous topics in his movies that were'nt being touched by white movie makers. Who would you guys want portraying Black life? A white man or a Black man?:comeon: I get what people are saying about him, but it's a little overboard.

why does every black movie gotta portray black life?

i wanna see some black alien bytches
or a all black Oceans 11 kinda movie

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
becuase Spike Lee has been makin quality movies for years...QUALITY

tyler perry is like the mcdonalds of director to me

they all the same no originality

how is he the most powerful black man in hollywood...a crossdressing psuedo bible pusher who probably a fakkit

can they make it more obvious bro?

the most POWERFUL BLACK MAN in HOLLYWOOD is a CROSSDRESS
meanwhile Spike Lee director of classic like MALCOLM X, DO THE RIGHT THING

can barely get supoort for his movies

but MADEA GOES TO JAIL sell 100 million times over
So Hollywood is making black people support Tyler Perry. :ohhh:

Jesus Is Lord

Give Thanks, Repent, and Forgive
Daps
Reppin
Christ
why does every black movie gotta portray black life?

i wanna see some black alien bytches
or a all black Oceans 11 kinda movie

Because thats HIS niche, his voice, his purpose. He felt Black life wasn't being shown in its best light. Why does Scorcese have to make mob type films? It's his style.

Edit: Don't get me twisted I understand what you're saying and I do agree to a certain extent. Trust. I wanna see the same thing but who are going to make these movies? It's only and few of us.

Cynical Thoughts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have no doubt that Tyler perry makes movies for the most part for black women. It's just happenstance that there are good black men in those movies.

I know black women that will come to fisticuffs I you don't mention perry in a good light.

:salute: to him employing black people though.

I can't get wit none of his tv shows either.

Ooh Marty

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere plottin
On a deeper level some of his works, like the family that preys, why did i get married 1&2, n a few others are critical of black women. On a deeper deeper level, why do our movies always have to provide insight into our community? Why cant a black movie be made for purely aesthetical purposes?

Im going to have to make a thread about this :ohhh: