Boondocks going in on Tyler Perry appreciation

Sierra Mist

Banned
Daps
lol Black people supporting blacks who make BANK off of exploiting the problems in the black community. People like him will create a problem and then sell you the solution and you sheep buy into it EVERY TIME.

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Personally I would have liked to have seen a black version of the movie 'Love and other drugs' and even more so, a black version of the movie Hero. We got more history than any race of people on the planet spanning thousands of years with numerous kingdoms and we haven't made one big budget movie depicting that.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
It's funny how black folks who have lived through the Civil Rights era like my parents and grandparents don't mind Tyler Perry and support him but these young nikkas shyt on him. Think about that for a second.

Onpoint12

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Where are these negative images of black men in his tv shows? Nothing but hard working good brothers. It's sad when people like the OP stereo type us like them crackas do. shyt he prolly is a cracka.

I don't watch the tv show's

"I can do bad all by my self"
"Why did I get married" both parts
"Diary of a mad Black woman"

I did like "Daddy's Little Girls"

Now the first 3 , if u don't believe that didn't help fuel or contribute the "n1gga ain't sh1t" movement from some of these bucket heads .....

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
Personally I would have liked to have seen a black version of the movie 'Love and other drugs' and even more so, a black version of the movie Hero. We got more history than any race of people on the planet spanning thousands of years with numerous kingdoms and we haven't made one big budget movie depicting that.

a Mansa Musa flick :gladbron:

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
I don't watch the tv show's

"I can do bad all by my self"
"Why did I get married" both parts
"Diary of a mad Black woman"

I did like "Daddy's Little Girls"

Now the first 3 , if u don't believe that didn't help fuel or contribute the "n1gga ain't sh1t" movement from some of these bucket heads .....
So because SOME of his movies have a bad black dude, thats all he should be known for? :wtf:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
house of payne alone makes him deserve all and any hate that he gets

i remeber i watched that movie w stringer bell in it on tv once tho, seemed like a well done movie

Jone2three45

Supporter
Daps
His TV shows are WACK!

Where are these negative images of black men in his tv shows? Nothing but hard working good brothers. It's sad when people like the OP stereo type us like them crackas do. shyt he prolly is a cracka.

The same problem people had with and didn't like about the Cosby Show,
it's portrayal was not whole heartedly true :manny:

the truth is,
us african americans are not happy with our life and the way we live.
That's why we party, spend money when we don't have it, fix our hair, and club all the time to escape the harsh reality of our daily lives, even if it's only for 4hrs. We relate to shows like The Good Times because it showcased the common African Family well.
The only way to escape this life is for us to go through death,
Our create death throughout the world.

Metta World Movement

Peace and love...to all!!
Daps
I don't understand the people on the Internet problem with Tyler Perry

Most nikkas hate him because they think he's gay.

A gay, rich black man making money from shows/movies geared towards black women.....how could a nikka NOT hate on that? :russ:

nikkas can talk all they want about his TV shows sucking (which is true for the most part) and black men being made to look bad in his movies (which is greatly exaggerated).....but the main thing is they think he's a sissy.

And also, House of Payne wasn't that bad. Overall it was wack but it did have its funny moments (the masturbation episode was jokes). The show did get too preachy/dramatic at times, though.

Jone2three45

Supporter
Daps
The only Tyler Perry movie I liked was,
"A Family That Prays Together".
Even if the movie, and the actors who played in it are hypocritical in real life.

SumBlackguyz

Cacs Gonna Cac
Daps
Reppin
Greensboro, NC
Tyler Perry has employed more black actors than damn near anyone. You nikkas just ignore the positive black men in his movies huh. From the lawyers, to the hardworking construction worker, to the humble bus driver. Stop buying into what these crackers say. Good deeds was shytting on black men huh? Tell me how.
Crips and bloods hired more black men and women than Tyler Perry. whats your point? :aicmon:

Cynical Thoughts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well Martin and Eddie Murphy sure were some cross dressing nikkas too. Black need to stop being so sensitive and afraid to have work geared to us. Black is not wack bruh.
Well from my understanding Perry is being heralded as the savior and not just another actor. Those are actors who accept roles. Perry is responsible for shyt from start to finish.

why does every black movie gotta portray black life?

i wanna see some black alien bytches
or a all black Oceans 11 kinda movie
I was thinking the same thing. I know this girl who is a hood movie encyclopedia. I ask her what do you actually get from those movies. Are they teaching you to be more black/nikka like:what:. I think it just teaches her to stay in the box.

So Hollywood is making black people support Tyler Perry. :ohhh:
The fact Perry is cleaning up in a white driven world w/out any opposition from whites, raises an eyebrow. It's almost like "yeah ****** keep doing what you doing, you good with us as long as you keep doing what you doing" don't touch on nothing that ain't already been touched on/nothing ground breaking/sans educational/uninspirational.

no hollywood is making him the most powerful black man in hollywood
we have no choice but to support lol
Right. Like how gangsta rap genre would get more push than conscience rap.

It's funny how black folks who have lived through the Civil Rights era like my parents and grandparents don't mind Tyler Perry and support him but these young nikkas shyt on him. Think about that for a second.
Old blacks generally are happy just being one step ahead of were they used to be. Ole be happy with what you got ass nikkas.

Metta World Movement

Peace and love...to all!!
Daps
The only Tyler Perry movie I liked was,
"A Family That Prays Together".
Even if the movie, and the actors who played in it are hypocritical in real life.

I would figure most of these nikkas would like that movie

black woman leaves black man for cac with money, cac loses job, dumps black woman and leaves her broke, black man gets successful and goes back to black woman like :umad: