Books - what are you reading? (Official Book Thread)

Suspicious Dingo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sydney, Austalia
81JormtzPSL.jpg

i went from:whoo: :picard::wow::gucci::jbhmm::patrice::merchant:reading this book.
The ending left me kind of :what::stopitslime::dame:.
I can see why they cant turn this book into a movie

Brilliant book. Judge Holden :demonic:

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
81JormtzPSL.jpg

i went from:whoo: :picard::wow::gucci::jbhmm::patrice::merchant:reading this book.
The ending left me kind of :what::stopitslime::dame:.
I can see why they cant turn this book into a movie

need to read this, looking for a gruesome book to read this spring. will it satisfy me in that department?

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
need to read this, looking for a gruesome book to read this spring. will it satisfy me in that department?
It is gruesome but nihilistic. He describes those acts of horor like describing what he had for breakfast

Didnt rly like the writing style... its like ...the man did this the man did that. The man went there .
But yea... as far as violene.... its up there

Daps
The Captain and the Glory - by David Eggers.
This is a short but sweet satire of Trump (the captain) being made captain of a once glorious ship (the Glory) and everything bad that happens after. It would have been even better if he had used more than 120 pages but as it is this is a pretty good book.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Reading the Library of Mount char-

not finished with it, but damn near. The book is interesting. its hard to compare it But if were to compare it something.

I would compare this novel to American Gods.

Drip Bayless

Superstar
Daps
What was bad about it?
-He spends countless pages going on inane and totally irrelevant diatribes, for instance, he dedicates more than a chapter to some incredibly convoluted made up game that is essentially like Civilization but with a bunch of college-level math, and cause that's not enough in addition to the 986 pages of bloated nonsense, he has another 96 pages of footnotes that are mostly irrelevant or uninteresting
-Does the same thing with vocabulary and acronyms, tons of obscure medical terms and a bunch of made up words (this mf uses the word rhinorrhagia instead of fukking saying nosebleed:why:)
-Makes jokes that could actually be funny if he didn't explain them for so long trying to beat you over the head with them
-Book has plenty of :mjpls: undertones which I don't find myself very tolerant of considering this book came out in the 90s

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
Sanctus by Simon Toyne.

Got this one and the rest of the trilogy, a while back and forgot about it. Picked it up without reading the back of the book, so I had no clue what it would be about.

shyts pretty good. VERY Da Vinci Code-ish. Both have ratings of 3.8/5 with a lot of religious reviewers leaving 1 star reviews.

If you guys want to read a really good, fairly recent, true crime story, check out The Mastermind.

Ezra

Daps
The Mastermind was great. Is have no idea how that dude isn’t more famous, or infamous. Legit global criminal kingpin

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Just finished...

61kyvPqcQbL.jpg

:whoo:I wish dude still wrote like this instead of taking on the super convoluted and pretentious style he eventually took on.

Currently reading...
51ySJs9oH8L.jpg

About to start reading...
71jwZymNAwL.jpg

71bLrNlpLyL.jpg

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Actually just bought the digital copy of "Mamba Mentality" the other night.

Havent started yet.

Troublesome

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just finished...

61kyvPqcQbL.jpg

:whoo:I wish dude still wrote like this instead of taking on the super convoluted and pretentious style he eventually took on.

Currently reading...
51ySJs9oH8L.jpg

About to start reading...
71jwZymNAwL.jpg

71bLrNlpLyL.jpg

I haven't read Fooled by Randomness, will do so eventually, but you didn't like Antifragile or The Black Swan? I enjoyed both.