Books - what are you reading? (Official Book Thread)

Suspicious Dingo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sydney, Austalia
Maaan, The first and only experience I’ve had with Colon Whitehead is Sag Harbor and it was the most boring book I’ve ever read. I’m not talking down, I’m just being real but I’m gonna put Nickel Boys in my queue off the strength of your post.

*crosses fingers*

You won't be disappointed bro

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Currently reading:
268x0w.jpg

They tried to write the book in laymen's terms but it still can be a little too verbose for my liking

I'm gonna go grab this today.
I read this a while ago. Great book although I remember he turned into this talking head calling everything a bubble about to burst IIRC.

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
:whew: Just finished the first book in the Mistborn series. Can’t believe I slept on this for so long , especially after I finished WOT and Stormlight .
Still my favorite Sanderson books.

This year I started the Dresden Files seris by Jim Butcher. It's about a wizard detective in Chicago. It's not as silly as it sounds. Really good stuff. I highly recommend it.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
:whew: Just finished the first book in the Mistborn series. Can’t believe I slept on this for so long , especially after I finished WOT and Stormlight .
Mistborn is like some really good mids
:ehh: not cult classic status but it's a good series to hold you over until you stumble across a new classic

Made Man

All Star
Daps
Still my favorite Sanderson books.

This year I started the Dresden Files seris by Jim Butcher. It's about a wizard detective in Chicago. It's not as silly as it sounds. Really good stuff. I highly recommend it.
Yea, I’ve been hearing good things about it . Next I’m gnna read Children Of Blood and Bone and then probably check out Dresden, Assuming I finish all that before the new Stormlight .

Made Man

All Star
Daps
Mistborn is like some really good mids
:ehh: not cult classic status but it's a good series to hold you over until you stumble across a new classic
Yea, I’m really waiting for the new Stormlight Archive, so I figured I’ll delve into the cosmere to better understand the world(s). Hopefully the last cosmere books will pay off and eventually connect everything.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
I'm big into gilded age history.

51CPRaLn0WL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I encourage anyone that's into US politics and the economy to read this. If you run into people whose response is "How do we pay for it" when you discuss m4a, reparations, college debt relief, a jobs guarantee ect

9781541736184.jpg

I'll check this out. I'm very interested in this.

Ezra

Daps
That book will fit in well w your Gilded Age reading. We’re pretty much living another Gilded Age now. Prosperity for the wealthy, austerity for everyone else.

Gonna start that book in the next few days. Been following Kelton and watching her lectures for a while now. Everything we’ve been taught about the federal budget is wrong.

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
I ordered 1Q84, should get it and start it soon. Heard good things about it so hopefully it’s good :yeshrug: