Books - what are you reading? (Official Book Thread)

Jorvan

All Star
Daps
Just got finished reading "The Rage of Dragons" by Evan Winter. I don't think I've read a fantasy book this good in a long time:wow: Does anyone know any other good African-inspired fantasy books like it?

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
I put it down during my vacation. Im liking it so far. Should be finished this weekend.

@Ezra

I agree, def better than the 1st.

Next book up is Tough Juice by Caron Butler.

Very interesting story. Homie was really out there like that. Writing style just doesn't capture the dangerous aspect like reading Monster's, Tyson's, or Hurricane Carter's book.

Made Man

All Star
Daps
Just got finished reading "The Rage of Dragons" by Evan Winter. I don't think I've read a fantasy book this good in a long time:wow: Does anyone know any other good African-inspired fantasy books like it?
I haven’t read it yet, but people say Children of Blood and Bone is good. It’s sitting in my Audible library . Think I’m gnna wait till I go on my cruise in a few weeks :noah:.

Ezra

Daps

Dreamblood by NK Jemison
5th Season NK Jemison

Rosewater by Tade Thompson is more sci fi but it's good

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
51bwdQVFyFL._SL300_.jpg

...it was the 5 Tribes (Native AmeriKKKans) that reneged on US getting our 40 Acres and a Mule:huhldup::ohhh::wow::scust:

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
78 pages in the "7 1/2 deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle" so far its pretty nice.

the story sets up alot of mysterious figures,storylines, etc.

GASign

All Star
Daps
If I see something they got that I like I don't check it out. I'll read it right then and if I want it, take a pic of it and that reminds me to cop it later.

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If I see something they got that I like I don't check it out. I'll read it right then and if I want it, take a pic of it and that reminds me to cop it later.

so you'll read a book and finish it, and then later buy it? what is your reasoning behind that?

GASign

All Star
Daps
so you'll read a book and finish it, and then later buy it? what is your reasoning behind that?

No.

Not the whole book, just read a snippet of it. Sometimes the back of the book, the cover, intro, table of contents or few pages should give you an idea of what it's about. If I like that much, I'll take a pic of the cover and cop it later.

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No.

Not the whole book, just read a snippet of it. Sometimes the back of the book, the cover, intro, table of contents or few pages should give you an idea of what it's about. If I like that much, I'll take a pic of the cover and cop it later.

I never really understood the concept of buying books. Maybe it's cause because as a kid we didnt have much growing up and my family would say "get it for free from the library" lol

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
when you guys go to the library, how many books do you usually check out?

I'll put 5-7 on hold, and then read 15-20 mins of each when I get to the library. If a book can't get a hold of me in 20 mins it probably isn't going to occur afterwards. It's a good way to avoid sunk costs.