Books - what are you reading? (Official Book Thread)

Ezra

Daps
I just finished The Toll yesterday. It’s the final book in the Arc of the Scythe trilogy by Neal Shusterman

If y’all haven’t read any of them, at least read the first one, Scythe. I picked it up last October because the cover and the premise seemed dope as fukk. It’s Y.A. book but I couldn’t put it down. I read the first one in 1 day. I haven’t done that in years. The second book is called Thunderhead and this third is The Toll.

The first book gave me the same vibes I got from The Giver as a youngster. It’s definitely more adult themed and intense than that, but I think the comparison is a decent one.

513DK4WQymL.jpg

I’m now onto The Institute by Stephen King. I’m not far into it yet but it’s intriguing so far.

The-Institute.png
The Institute was underwhelming

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I need a new fantasy series

It's true brehs :wow: Once you read Wheels of Time/Malazan/Black company/Kingkiller Chronicles all these other series seem like fodder

Even first law and the mistborn series felt like mids :wow: same for the Dark Materials trilogy

Try to put off reading the GOAT material in whatever genre you're into brehs :to: trust me. Already fukked up my sci-fi bag too :mjcry:

Ezra

Daps
I need a new fantasy series

It's true brehs :wow: Once you read Wheels of Time/Malazan/Black company/Kingkiller Chronicles all these other series seem like fodder

Even first law and the mistborn series felt like mids :wow: same for the Dark Materials trilogy

Try to put off reading the GOAT material in whatever genre you're into brehs :to: trust me. Already fukked up my sci-fi bag too :mjcry:
What fukked up your sci do?

for Fantasy, Try the Gentleman’s b*stard series or The Witcher

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
What fukked up your sci do?

for Fantasy, Try the Gentleman’s b*stard series or The Witcher
3body problem/The Sprawl Trilogy, etc. Just all the og shyt that established the genre

It'z my fault cuz i always read the classic/critically acclaimed stuff first :mjcry:

Last edited:

Ezra

Daps
3body problem/The Sprawl Trilogy, etc. Just all the og shyt that established the genre

It'z my fault cuz i always read the classic/critically acclaimed stuff first :mjcry:
I just remembered Marlon Browns, Black Leopard, Red Wolf. I couldnt get through it because its too complicated w magic and shapeshifters and shyt. It's High Fantasy in Africa. Although there's a lot of homosexuality and gender bending. That shyt doesnt bother me , but if that rubs you the wrong way - Id pass on it,.