Books - what are you reading? (Official Book Thread)

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I just remembered Marlon Browns, Black Leopard, Red Wolf. I couldnt get through it because its too complicated w magic and shapeshifters and shyt. It's High Fantasy in Africa. Although there's a lot of homosexuality and gender bending. That shyt doesnt bother me , but if that rubs you the wrong way - Id pass on it,.
Nah i dont care about that shyt either, good writing is good writing.

The attention to detail in high fantasy is what makes it for me, i love all the rules n shyt the authors create (like the warrens and contracts in malazan)
I'm 42% through through Deadhouse Gates. :mjcry:
It's 2019 i need a follow up on this :ufdup: is Quick Ben the illest nikka in nebraska or nah?

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Also another person mentioned while ago The Book of 5 Rings by Miyamoto Musashi

For the brehs who don't know, this guy is THE SAMURAI that every anime/tv show/movie/game try to base their characters on. Iirc Cloud from final fantasy was based on him

The nikkas Wiki reads like the GOAT highlight reel, 60 duels undefeated not counting war fights

On April 13, 1612, Musashi (about age 30) fought his duel with Sasaki Kojirō, who was known as "The Demon of the Western Provinces" and who wielded a nodachi, the Japanese great sword. Musashi came late and unkempt to the appointed place—the island of Funajima, in the Kanmon Straits separating Honshū and Kyūshū. The duel was short. Musashi killed his opponent with a bokken that legend says he had carved from an oar used on the boat that carried him to the island.

:hhh: GOAT shyt

They faced off, and Musashi struck a single blow, per their agreement. This blow struck Seijūrō on the left shoulder, knocking him out, and crippling his left arm. He apparently passed on the headship of the school to his equally accomplished brother, Yoshioka Denshichirō, who promptly challenged Musashi for revenge. The duel took place in Kyoto outside a temple, Sanjūsangen-dō. Denshichirō wielded a staff reinforced with steel rings (or possibly with a ball-and-chain attached), while Musashi arrived late a second time. Musashi disarmed Denshichirō and defeated him. This second victory outraged the Yoshioka family, whose head was now the 12-year-old Yoshioka Matashichiro. They assembled a force of archers, musketeers and swordsmen, and challenged Musashi to a duel outside Kyoto, near Ichijō-ji Temple. Musashi broke his previous habit of arriving late, and came to the temple hours early. Hidden, Musashi assaulted the force, killing Matashichiro, and escaping while being attacked by dozens of his victim's supporters. To escape and fight off his opponents he was forced to draw his second sword and defend himself with a sword in each hand. This was the beginning of his niten'ichi sword style. With the death of Matashichiro, this branch of the Yoshioka School was destroyed.

Whoop two top students, assassinate the family head and create a new sword style mid-fight, ultimately shutting an entire dojo down brehs :hhh: nikka might be the GOAT of all GOATS

Soak up the gems he dropped in that book

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
It's 2019 i need a follow up on this :ufdup: is Quick Ben the illest nikka in nebraska or nah?

:guilty: Still not done. At 44% now. Got sidetracked by a lot of other shyt. Then I picked up "A Little Hatred" and went in on that for a bit

I picked up Deadhouse Gates again so I don't forget what's going on. Kalam putting in work with that monster he traveling with :ehh:, Coltaine and co. getting chased :lupe: And where Ganoes at? His lil sis out here getting shytted on, mayne :mjcry:

Yaddam Yussein

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Also another person mentioned while ago The Book of 5 Rings by Miyamoto Musashi

For the brehs who don't know, this guy is THE SAMURAI that every anime/tv show/movie/game try to base their characters on. Iirc Cloud from final fantasy was based on him

The nikkas Wiki reads like the GOAT highlight reel, 60 duels undefeated not counting war fights

:hhh: GOAT shyt

Whoop two top students, assassinate the family head and create a new sword style mid-fight, ultimately shutting an entire dojo down brehs :hhh: nikka might be the GOAT of all GOATS

Soak up the gems he dropped in that book
The audiobook is on YouTube.

Drip Bayless

Superstar
Daps
iu

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Enjoy this masterpiece :banderas: so much shyt you wont catch til the 2nd read.

:guilty: Still not done. At 44% now. Got sidetracked by a lot of other shyt. Then I picked up "A Little Hatred" and went in on that for a bit

I picked up Deadhouse Gates again so I don't forget what's going on. Kalam putting in work with that monster he traveling with :ehh:, Coltaine and co. getting chased :lupe: And where Ganoes at? His lil sis out here getting shytted on, mayne :mjcry:
:mjlol: shyt is hilarious cuz Ganoes was introduced as the fukk up sibling, nikkas is out here having a blast with his sister

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
Children of Vengeance and Virtue.

Really good, so far. 1st book was good too. I think shes doing a better job of capturing the emotion aspect this go round. Some of the shyt they, I can feel it.

Ezra

Daps
Children of Vengeance and Virtue.

Really good, so far. 1st book was good too. I think shes doing a better job of capturing the emotion aspect this go round. Some of the shyt they, I can feel it.
I liked it better than the first book

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Just finished The Water Knife, and its pretty good.

I would say great because I hate where the story ended

I wanted to see what happened to Phoenix, and if the relationship between Case and Angel was amended, If the Vet is alive and if so does he get eaten by the Hyenas and others[/spoilers]

The characters are nicely well rounded, story is robust(pause). greatly executed themes.

I wish there was a sequel, but at the same time.This story is written not to answer and fix this dystopian world. But to witness it through the characters.

Plus given the message its prolly for the best why it doesnt have a sequel. It kinda implies and states to you what happens or will once you read the last page. The story is also a character goal-driven one so it did its job.

overall good read if you looking for a stand-alone novel I recommend it