Books - what are you reading? (Official Book Thread)

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Getting tossed into a warren in basically a death sentence :wow: unless another person with access to that same warren opens it up for you

Anomander Rake the fukkin GAWD :banderas: when he pulls out Dragnipur nikkas get to scramblin for cover :merchant::whoa: man his swag reaches unfathomable levels breh, you have no idea, this book is the GOAT when it comes to building up to huge payoffs

The convergences :wow:

The level ups :wow:

The overall epicness when big dogs decide to show up :mjcry:

The dgaf-ness of regular humans ready to scrap with Gods :mjcry:

man i wish i could experience for the first time like you again :ohlawd:

And a LOT of the characters are nikkas, Quick Ben the GOAT wizard and he's a breh :myman:

:wow: Finally finished Gardens, breh.

Just started Deadhouse Gates.
Paran
already catching stray Ls the first few pages... :lupe:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
I'm reading the new Stephen King book Sleeping Beauties co-written with his son Owen King

It's really good so far. It feels like a mix of The Stand and Y The Last Man

Sleeping-Beauties-Stephen-King-Owen-King-Full-UK-Jacket-.jpg

Daps
Red Superstar I just completed Born a Crime last month and enjoyed it. "Go Hitler, Go Hitler, Go Hitler" That will never be seen in another book I can tell you.
I have been slammed at work so I have only started "The Rise and Fall of D.O.D.O" by Neal Stephenson and Nicole Galland. it is a sort of sci-fi , steampunk adventure about a linguistic expert who is hired on to help the military to devise a machine which can bring back magic. Yes magic was real and apparently it stopped all together in 1851 during the great exhibition in London. There is time travel, humor and witchcraft.
I am also reading "Fantasyland: How America Went Haywire" by Kurt Anderson. It is about how America was founded by so called wishful and magical thinkers as well as hucksters and their suckers. It is one of the things that makes America unique. The book starts from the early Pilgrims (searching for gold .... in Virginia - not there guys) all the way to our current "fake news" and the age of Trump.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Just finished blood,sweat and pixels a few weeks back.

Great book. It's all about the trials and tribulations that go in during the making of video games.

Each section of the book is about a different game,destiny, stardew valley,star wars 1313,uncharted 4 etc.

Gives great insight into the behind the scenes of game production.

Highly recommend it.

Last edited:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Currently reading so you've been publicly shames by Jon ronson. Huge fan of ronson.

I'm about 100 pages in,enjoying it so far.

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
512AcsjHwRL._SX311_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Good read so far. Certainly some :mjpls::mjpls::mjpls: components to this. It's addressed in the new version in the updated foreward that he intentionally didn't go back and edit/alter these parts. I swear some of these breakdowns about how "the blacks" are genetically superior has me thinking that Bill Burr got his inspiration from here for this skit :mjlol::lolbron:

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
512AcsjHwRL._SX311_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Good read so far. Certainly some :mjpls::mjpls::mjpls: components to this. It's addressed in the new version in the updated foreward that he intentionally didn't go back and edit/alter these parts. I swear some of these breakdowns about how "the blacks" are genetically superior has me thinking that Bill Burr got his inspiration from here for this skit :mjlol::lolbron:

I'm gonna check that out. And that's one of my all time favorite Burr bits.

I'm currently reading the latest from Brandon Sanderson. Oathbringer. Third book in the Stormlight Archives.

SANOATH01-2.jpg