Books - what are you reading? (Official Book Thread)

Ezra

Daps
Just started this:

20518872.jpg

Got a homie who's a hard sci-fi head and been recommending this book and it's sequels. Told me I better prepare to :futurewhy:
This is a long hard read. It's hard sci-fi. I felt dumb AF because it's pretty much all physics. It's good, but I had to take a break after, instead of jumping into the next 2 books

Miles Davis

Prince of Darkness
Daps
Reppin
Bebop
Blood, Sweat and Pixels.

Not sure what I’m gonna move to next. I’m thinking between the world and me, 48 laws of power, book of five rings or the last werewolf.

Last edited:

Chill

carti stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Junipero
same. Im getting excellent ideas on my next reads... :myman:

I seriously didn’t know where to start to look. I’m so tired of going to books with storylines on the games I play.

I’m going to piggyback off the author @86\*/98 mentioned and read “Men Without Women”. I’d like to read 1q84 but I don’t think I’m ready for 1000 pages yet and the reviews on iBooks are mixed despite it being 4*.

Ezra

Daps
The only Murakami book I read was the Hard Boiled Everything and the End of the World.

Hated it. lol

chemicalsword

winter is coming
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Starkset...
I seriously didn’t know where to start to look. I’m so tired of going to books with storylines on the games I play.

I’m going to piggyback off the author @86\*/98 mentioned and read “Men Without Women”. I’d like to read 1q84 but I don’t think I’m ready for 1000 pages yet and the reviews on iBooks are mixed despite it being 4*.

Im going to check out Dark Matter and Daemon for some light sci-fi then dive into The Three Body Problem for that heavy...:ohlawd:

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
418ybjvpCPL._SX321_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

:hhh: didnt like this one

The problem being; Murakami is a bit pretentious. He expects the reader to read his books over and over. For me, that makes whatever "puzzle/riddle", useless. It loses its "flavor" the minute you give no real answers. While Inception did the same thing, there was conflict, and ultimately an over arching story of moving on. KoTS is just a lot of wasted print. And yes while many critics may praise his arrogant style of writing, its like he's forcing readers to jerk him off. No thanks....I got enough of that with Fitzgerald..except, the Great Gatsby has lessons to teach.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The problem being; Murakami is a bit pretentious. He expects the reader to read his books over and over. For me, that makes whatever "puzzle/riddle", useless. It loses its "flavor" the minute you give no real answers. While Inception did the same thing, there was conflict, and ultimately an over arching story of moving on. KoTS is just a lot of wasted print. And yes while many critics may praise his arrogant style of writing, its like he's forcing readers to jerk him off. No thanks....I got enough of that with Fitzgerald..except, the Great Gatsby has lessons to teach.
I'm glad I saw this post because I've been thinking about reading Murakami for awhile now but knowing that makes it:hhh: for that shyt

Spaceman Piff

Superstar
Daps
1q84 was the first and only murakami book i've read.

i remember thinking the beginning was kinda dope.. and then it just got weirder and weirder without getting anywhere.

j7Ddrd6.png

gdatruth

Superstar
Daps
Kinda been on a True Crime/Serial Killer kick and this book is right up wheelhouse.
The book examines a series of gruesome crimes in 1900s where the killer would randomly kill everyone in a house at night and disappear presumably on trains.

The craziest thing so far is how with limited the authorities were in connecting/investigating the crimes, how often there were figurative witch hunts & how many of the 'detectives' of the era were straight con men. Bout 1/3 through the book now
images