Books - what are you reading? (Official Book Thread)

Ezra

Daps
Brehs.... My wife works at the Library. She's doing the black history month display this year (she seems to always do it). She's looking to change it up a little this year. What recent books, manga, ect. by black authors are popular and good? Recent meaning within the last 5 years. She just needs some suggestions...
A Brief History of Seven Killings, by Marlon James

Anything by Nnedi Okafor

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Brehs.... My wife works at the Library. She's doing the black history month display this year (she seems to always do it). She's looking to change it up a little this year. What recent books, manga, ect. by black authors are popular and good? Recent meaning within the last 5 years. She just needs some suggestions...

Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi
Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead
The Sellout by Paul Beatty
The Turner House by Angela Flournoy

Marlon James and Nnedi Okorafor are great recs as well.

JP_614

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Aloha State
Imma keep it a buck im trying to start reading more books i didnt really care for growing up to read all like that besides school it wasnt really my hobby and i couldn't find anything to really interest me.

I'm watching the lakers celtics game and kareem came out with a new book think imma check it out Becoming Kareem: Growing Up On and Off the Court

Could anyone recommended a good Malcolm X book biography book

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Three-Body Problem has been blowing my fukking mind :wow:

This shyt just keeps getting better and better, top notch story-telling :mjcry: haven't been hooked like this since the Malazan series

Ezra

Daps
Three-Body Problem has been blowing my fukking mind :wow:

This shyt just keeps getting better and better, top notch story-telling :mjcry: haven't been hooked like this since the Malazan series
I read the first book and it took me forever to get through it. I want to finish the series, but they are heavy books, w a lot of physic. Felt like I was in school again :sadcam:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I read the first book and it took me forever to get through it. I want to finish the series, but they are heavy books, w a lot of physic. Felt like I was in school again :sadcam:
"You're bugs" was the GOAT diss :banderas: my mind's still blown

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Because most YA books are social conscious shyt :yeshrug:

Even shyt like hunger games is.
Not really

I wanna read one a book a black kid just having fun. All the books I tried recently were all the same like no variety.