Books - what are you reading? (Official Book Thread)

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I tried but i hated it, just not enjoyable reading :scusthov:

I got lead there because i fukked with Snow Crash heavy
I see the appeal, I get that he's trying to set up this world, and it's supposed to be hazy and disorienting.

But it's so damn extra:snoop:

I love descriptive writing but man get to the point damn:gucci:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I see the appeal, I get that he's trying to set up this world, and it's supposed to be hazy and disorienting.

But it's so damn extra:snoop:

I love descriptive writing but man get to the point damn:gucci:
shyt like that should be made into film, 30 pages by this nikka could be summed up in one establishing shot of a living room :heh: atleast then I'd still be interested in the story

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
shyt like that should be made into film, 30 pages by this nikka could be summed up in one establishing shot of a living room :heh: atleast then I'd still be interested in the story
That makes sense. Seeing how this shyt is a precursor to the Matrix it literally looks the same in my head.

So he'll describe a whole claustrophobic ass room, but once I have the picture I'm like shyt this is what I was seeing anyway nikka:why:. Read all that for nothing.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I stopped after the first book. I felt the book lost momentum about halfway through.
The first book breh?

Naaaaaaaah :patrice: that's the one that got it critical acclaim and its cult following, all of the quotables and lore in that book carry the entire series, first book is a blassic front to back.

The 3rd book is when you really start seeing legitimate gripes and people dropping it

Imma have to (silently) judge you for dipping out on book 1 brehski :hubie::pachaha:

gogogubari

Mjpls I'm already black
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
YERDMEH
Currently reading some fanfic about Game of a Thrones.
https://m.fanfiction.net/s/11384558/56/
Just finished all of Austen's hits again about a week ago. I'm tired of reading them but I am creature of habit. Will probably do C. Brontë's works again when I get absolutely bored. I got a lot of good classics too if y'all wanna do some mindless reading
OneDrive

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
The first book breh?

Naaaaaaaah :patrice: that's the one that got it critical acclaim and its cult following, all of the quotables and lore in that book carry the entire series, first book is a blassic front to back.

The 3rd book is when you really start seeing legitimate gripes and people dropping it

Imma have to (silently) judge you for dipping out on book 1 brehski :hubie::pachaha:

I finished the first book, breh. I'll give you my reactions to each part of the first book:

Part 1 - :krs:

Part 2 - :francis:

Part 3 - :ld:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
A Warren is the gate to the magic wizards use. The nature of the warren is based on the God the wizard made a deal with. You can aslo go into a warren and travel large distances in a fraction of the time, although you may run into some dangerous shyt while there.

Some nikkas have multiple warrens they can access.

Glad brehs reading Malazan :banderas: shyt is up there with KingKiller Chronicles as "perfect" series, everything is there :mjcry:

:ohhh: Ok now some things are clicking for me. So a non magic person getting tossed into a Warren is fukked right?

This book is wild as fukk
I'm a bit pass the part where it seems like this dude Anomander has a sword that sends folks to the shadow realm
:damn:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
:ohhh: Ok now some things are clicking for me. So a non magic person getting tossed into a Warren is fukked right?

This book is wild as fukk
I'm a bit pass the part where it seems like this dude Anomander has a sword that sends folks to the shadow realm
:damn:

Getting tossed into a warren in basically a death sentence :wow: unless another person with access to that same warren opens it up for you

Anomander Rake the fukkin GAWD :banderas: when he pulls out Dragnipur nikkas get to scramblin for cover :merchant::whoa: man his swag reaches unfathomable levels breh, you have no idea, this book is the GOAT when it comes to building up to huge payoffs

The convergences :wow:

The level ups :wow:

The overall epicness when big dogs decide to show up :mjcry:

The dgaf-ness of regular humans ready to scrap with Gods :mjcry:

man i wish i could experience for the first time like you again :ohlawd:

And a LOT of the characters are nikkas, Quick Ben the GOAT wizard and he's a breh :myman:

Last edited:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Drop your thoughts on these please
i will when i get deeper into them.
all i can say so far is, i want so bad to get there. like to that point where i can REALLY change lives. cause this shyt kills me man.
it shouldnt be like this.
for ANYONE!!!

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Getting tossed into a warren in basically a death sentence :wow: unless another person with access to that same warren opens it up for you

Anomander Rake the fukkin GAWD :banderas: when he pulls out Dragnipur nikkas get to scramblin for cover :merchant::whoa: man his swag reaches unfathomable levels breh, you have no idea, this book is the GOAT when it comes to building up to huge payoffs

The convergences :wow:

The level ups :wow:

The overall epicness when big dogs decide to show up :mjcry:

The dgaf-ness of regular humans ready to scrap with Gods :mjcry:

man i wish i could experience for the first time like you again :ohlawd:

And a LOT of the characters are nikkas, Quick Ben the GOAT wizard and he's a breh :myman:
:ehh:

Damn am I about to try again to read these books?

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
111868.jpg

This is a solid mystery novel. I'm halfway into it.
finished it. It was awesome