Books - what are you reading? (Official Book Thread)

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
i check that nikkas blog periodically and he hasn't given us a date yet :sadcam:

i gotta know what happens to Reshi :to:

but if by some miracle Doors of Stone and Winds of Winter by GRRM release in the same year :ohlawd::ohlawd::ohlawd: might have to lock myself up in the crib for a couple weeks
Might be waiting a while for that. I tried not to read any of the sample chapters, but i couldn't help myself.

I feel like Doors of Stone is gonnabe one looong ass book. Still gotta find out how he got to that bar and then what's he gonna do with what's happening in the present.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Might be waiting a while for that. I tried not to read any of the sample chapters, but i couldn't help myself.

I feel like Doors of Stone is gonnabe one looong ass book. Still gotta find out how he got to that bar and then what's he gonna do with what's happening in the present.
i hope it's long :ohlawd: he fleshed out that world good as hell, once the story got going i was so immersed in that shyt i was reading a shytload of chapters a day without even realizing it :noah:

as far as what's happening with him now, i thought it was pretty clear that

he changed his name, thus getting rid of his magic, i only realized it when he was talking to Elodin about that chick always changing her name, and elodin hit the :merchant::whoa: for second cuz he thought he was talking about himself and told him to be careful about changing shyt like that, that's why he couldn't use the fire magic he was tryna do in the bar when those goons ran up in there, he's literally turning into Kote the barkeep

im guessing denna or someone else close to him died and that caused him to change his name and hide off in that random ass town, and Bast is tryna get him to change his name back by any means necessary(hiring those dudes to come rough him up) but he KNOWS Bast is doing this and that's why he's not biting the bait. as far the demon spider/blade things in the woods, i have no idea, if the Chronicler was able to find him so easily maybe someone else did too :sadcam:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
The Heroes
51xD3nloxuL.jpg

I've been using Joe Abercombie to compensate for GRRM. His stories don't go as deep but they're still piff. Especially Best Served Cold which I think should get a movie or something.

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
I've been thinking that Denna is out of the picture, either dead or permanently separated from Kvothe.

^ Best Served Cold wasn't very good imo, turned into a$$holes killing a$$holes. Now the Heroes and Red Country, that was some good stuff.

Kinda wish he'd get back to he'd get back to doing the characters that were in the first trilogy. Wanna see the head wizard get smacked down.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I've been thinking that Denna is out of the picture, either dead or permanently separated from Kvothe.

^ Best Served Cold wasn't very good imo, turned into @ssholes killing @ssholes. Now the Heroes and Red Country, that was some good stuff.

Kinda wish he'd get back to he'd get back to doing the characters that were in the first trilogy. Wanna see the head wizard get smacked down.

I liked Best Served Cold because I love revenge plots like that. :yeshrug: But yeah, the first trilogy did have a better cast. I want to know what happens to Luthar and Glokta. Wizard got them dudes on lock down like :umad:

:to:

Bremer Dan Gorst is that nikka but they way he keeps bytching tho... Dude is so negative :heh:

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
Currently reading Don Quixote (Edith Grossman translation)

Very funny so far. The modern translation makes it very readable as well.

Cobratron

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I work at a library but I don't read a lot of fiction :laugh:

I recently read The Black-Eyed Blonde by Benjamin Black. The first work of fiction I've read in about 2 years. It's a new release set in the early 1950's starring Phillip Marlowe. It was pretty good. I recommend it for fans of film noir.

Then I finished Paul Stanley's autobiography and now I'm reading a book about KISS.

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
The Autobiography of Malcolm X

So the #newblack nikkas that post here should really read that book

Some things change, but some things stay the same.