Books - what are you reading? (Official Book Thread)

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
The Well of Ascension, 2nd book in the Mistborn trilogy. it's good but i feel like it's sub par to the first. Those action scenes though :huhldup: not often i say "FUUUCCKKK" after a kill in a book. also that twist was great. left me like :ohhh:

Last edited:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I was already ropped in straight from the beginning when she was talking about not wanting to leave bodies around...and the way she said it was like she was saying she didn't want to stop at the store on the way home or somethin' :wow:

Then ended up droppin' bodies anyways :russ:
you finish it yet?

the ending action was kind of weird, not weird in a bad way, but weird in a "i can't accurately picture who is where cuz so much shyt is going on :mindblown:" type of way

decent introduction to that author tho :ehh:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
anyone got any cyberpunk science fiction type suggestions? :ld:

along the lines of Snow Crash or Mona Lisa Overdrive would be appreciated :feedme:

Daps
you finish it yet?

the ending action was kind of weird, not weird in a bad way, but weird in a "i can't accurately picture who is where cuz so much shyt is going on :mindblown:" type of way

decent introduction to that author tho :ehh:

Nah I'm not there yet. Been working from home lately. I normally read on the commuter train..but its been collecting dust the last few weeks

I'm barely at the part where

Seivarden and Breq got back to Radchai to give Anaander that work, but they talking about Siervarden gettin brought up on some charges..shyts about to get real in a minute.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Nah I'm not there yet. Been working from home lately. I normally read on the commuter train..but its been collecting dust the last few weeks

I'm barely at the part where

Seivarden and Breq got back to Radchai to give Anaander that work, but they talking about Siervarden gettin brought up on some charges..shyts about to get real in a minute.
oh yea, shyt's about to get very real :banderas: you see what i was sayin about Breq not being able to tell between male/female tho? shyt had me :mindblown: til i gave up tryna figure out who was what

Daps
oh yea, shyt's about to get very real :banderas: you see what i was sayin about Breq not being able to tell between male/female tho? shyt had me :mindblown: til i gave up tryna figure out who was what

Yeah I did what you did and ignored it. I decided on one gender for everyone... they're all female to me lol.

The concept was interesting. Split yourself up and eventually life experiences begin to divide you based on which you actually experienced said events vs which version of you only recalls them. When separated you assume you'd do whatever you think you'd do in those situations...but how sure can you be?

:ohlawd:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Yeah I did what you did and ignored it. I decided on one gender for everyone... they're all female to me lol.

The concept was interesting. Split yourself up and eventually life experiences begin to divide you based on which you actually experienced said events vs which version of you only recalls them. When separated you assume you'd do whatever you think you'd do in those situations...but how sure can you be?

:ohlawd:
yup i did the exact same thing :heh: assumed everyone was a woman

and yea that concept is crazy :ohhh: a warship using tons of human bodies at one, :leon: very creative, when the separation happened i was :whoo: at how nikkas just started makin moves, imagine that shyt becoming an animated or live movie :whoo:

Daps
yup i did the exact same thing :heh: assumed everyone was a woman

and yea that concept is crazy :ohhh: a warship using tons of human bodies at one, :leon: very creative, when the separation happened i was :whoo: at how nikkas just started makin moves, imagine that shyt becoming an animated or live movie :whoo:

Yeah they wouldn't be able to get the point across in regards to the ships being AIs but still kinda human and doing many things at once in many different places. And when they start talking about the highly modified humans with many arms and other muphuckas with no gender shyt would get tricky

Nature's Fury

addicts of drugs not yet synthesized
Daps
where's a good place to start with Kurt Vonnegut???

right now i'm reading:

Lunar Park by Bret Easton Ellis (2nd time reading...just finished Glamorama and had to run back through his works)
Ham on Rye by Bukowski
The Adderall Diaries by Stephan Elliott

will be done with these by next week and i'm gonna start on Game of Thrones (never seen the show)...

adding The Goldfinch to the list since i've seen it recommended a few times...

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
Been reading the 3rd mistborn book, it's decent so far.

Also picked picked up this murder mystery called Blindsighted.Book is hardcore, crime scene and then the autopsy had me like :merchant: at the sick shyt that went on.