Votes: 64 43.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
had to go with my heart, EPMD is dope, and it's a draw IMO, but Bone is sooooooooo special to me, that was my 5th-10th grade, pivotal years

SoulController

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Almighty Garden State
clearly EPMD

listen to the beats on the first 2 albums, almost every sample or groove got re-used

DMX's career started on a EPMD beat, Nastradamas was a hit 10 years after they used it first. Sigel and Bleek used So Whatcha Sayin 10 years later etc, just so influential

they weren't technical monsters on the mic, I think most would agree to that, but the chemistry and music behind it were so good. putting a top 10-15 mc on helps their legacy too

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
why would you post this if you voted Bone? this is one of the songs that speaks to how utterly trash they are at their worst. this should be a record like ghetto cowboy that you try and pretend doesn't exist.

I like this song, I like Ghetto Cowboy too lol.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
clearly EPMD

listen to the beats on the first 2 albums, almost every sample or groove got re-used

DMX's career started on a EPMD beat, Nastradamas was a hit 10 years after they used it first. Sigel and Bleek used So Whatcha Sayin 10 years later etc, just so influential

they weren't technical monsters on the mic, I think most would agree to that, but the chemistry and music behind it were so good. putting a top 10-15 mc on helps their legacy too
QFT
I don't know how anyone can plausibly claim that Uneek > EPMD/Sermon