Votes: 83 56.5%
  • EPMD

Votes: 64 43.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
:dahell:No they don't! Bones got what? 5 singles in contention?
Thuggish Ruggish
For the Love
First of the Month
Crossroads
Days of Our Lives

And I only listed the EPMD singles that are undisputed classics. I didn't even list Goldigger or a bunch of other songs. A more comprehensive list was posted by someone else in the last thread.

bone got alot more classic singles than that.

but we dont even have to go that far. just ask yourself what epmd singles are messing with any of those 5 right there alone?

gold-digger was weak. i just linked that video up in the beginning cuz i wanted a performance clip. plus it had that porsha chick in it.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

but we dont even have to go that far. just ask yourself what epmd singles are messing with any of those 5 right there alone?

gold-digger was weak.

In my eyes? It's my Thing, So What Cha Sayin, Headbanger, Crossover, Please Listen to My Demo, Symphony 2000, You Got's to Chill and Rampage

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
lets keep it funky here.

if epmd made anything as good as COACU(which is purposely being ignored by some) or e.99 eternal, then none of epmd's follow-ups like "business never personal" would be considered a classic by most people. they would be too busy saying epmd fell off.
EPMDs first album was better than Bones first album, they came out the gate with a classic. Faces of Death is garbage ...EPMD stayed consistent longer. Bone started off weak, tore shyt up than got weak again. EPMDs only 'considered' weak albums were the last two.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
To the first bit that's kind of what I was saying. Casual fans don't really know EPMD like that. In terms of Hip Hop heads, the truth is quite a few even stronger fans don't know EPMD nowadays, it depends upon the generation you talk to. Remember Hip Hop is worldwide, Japan, Africa, U.K, Holland etc. Not saying EPMD ain't a known group, people know them but Bone is on another level though in that regard. But it's not about how many people know you anyway. But in Hip Hop Bone would be the choice if your asking people on a overall basis, in N.Y maybe EPMD would win, but if your talking overall Bone would take it. I've never heard anyone say Art Of War was a disappoint personally, I knew all kinds of fans that loved that album, casual and more hardcore. For some that was like to go to Bone album, had the Pac joint too.
Being a "strong fan" of hip hop and not knowing about EPMD are mutually exclusive things.
The Bone double was basically an afterthought in 97. People were interested to hear the Pac song...
You honestly thought Bone would beat EPMD? Come on man lol.
I still expect them to win. Bone-mania is strong on the Coli

A local sound :what:. Sermon was east coast but also did funk with the best of them.

:whew:

I still argue that EMPD created the sounds that Dre adopted and turned into G-Funk.......EPMD production was full of funk...

AND:

EPMD is arguably the best hiphop duo of all time.....
:salute:Erick Sermon is crazy underrated as a producer. EPMD beats would have you like :ahh:

EPMD man. Obviously I'm speaking from a perspective of someone who wasn't born when they first got on and was a kid when they were killing it but just doing the history and being a fan of both, EPMD's impact on the game is incredible. The amount of hit records, the amount of albums sold, the amount of MC's they introduced to the game, the sound they introduced
:dahell:We gonna act like Bone ain't bring White Dawg to the game? And Shaaaatashaaaaa.

lets keep it funky here.

if epmd made anything as good as COACU(which is purposely being ignored by some) or e.99 eternal, then none of epmd's follow-ups like "business never personal" would be considered a classic by most people. they would be too busy saying epmd fell off.
:dahell:Strictly Business ain't a hugely important classic album now? When did that happen?
I'm grateful for Eric Sermon introducing Redman and Keith Murray:myman:

...but, by a landslide I'm riding with those St. Clair Boyz:whew:
I remember you upping the Mobb/Wu thread was the turning of the tide against the Mobb :mjcry:
I hope you don't do it again :mjcry:

why wouldnt i?

theyre clearly better in every single category. and theyre more popular by far.

:whistle:
They were more popular for a time - hard to gauge who is more popular now. EPMD has the better legacy if you ask me :yeshrug:
In any event - popularity shouldn't even be a consideration in this one. These were both important groups for their time.

gold-digger was weak. i just linked that video up in the beginning cuz i wanted a performance clip. plus it had that porsha chick in it.
:dahell:What other classic singles?
For the Love of $ isn't on the level of the other four. Let's just take that one off right now.
The other three were big singles no doubt. And I'm not talking sales or certifications.
It's My Thing
You Gots to Chill
So Watcha Saying
You're A Customer (forgot about this one)
Crossover
Headbanger
All more legendary than any Bone single.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Being a "strong fan" of hip hop and not knowing about EPMD are mutually exclusive things.
The Bone double was basically an afterthought in 97. People were interested to hear the Pac song...

I still expect them to win. Bone-mania is strong on the Coli

:salute:Erick Sermon is crazy underrated as a producer. EPMD beats would have you like :ahh:

:dahell:We gonna act like Bone ain't bring White Dawg to the game? And Shaaaatashaaaaa.

:dahell:Strictly Business ain't a hugely important classic album now? When did that happen?

I remember you upping the Mobb/Wu thread was the turning of the tide against the Mobb :mjcry:
I hope you don't do it again :mjcry:

They were more popular for a time - hard to gauge who is more popular now. EPMD has the better legacy if you ask me :yeshrug:
In any event - popularity shouldn't even be a consideration in this one. These were both important groups for their time.

For the Love of $ isn't on the level of the other four. Let's just take that one off right now.
The other three were big singles no doubt. And I'm not talking sales or certifications.
It's My Thing
You Gots to Chill
So Watcha Saying
Crossover
Headbanger

I'm not so sure about either, I've never heard that album slated personally.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps

It's My Thing
You Gots to Chill
So Watcha Saying
Crossover
Headbanger

- art of war was an afterthought?:heh:
- they brought powder in. not white dawg.
- i wasnt taking anything away from "strictly business" but its not "e.99 eternal". its different levels to this.
- if you think epmd's legacy is more popular than bone thugs', then youre living in denial.
- man u crazy. "foe tha luv of $" was like their best single.
- those epmd singles are more comparable to bone's 2nd tier classics.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
- art of war was an afterthought?:heh:
- they brought powder in. not white dawg.
- i wasnt taking anything away from "strictly business" but its not "e.99 eternal". its different levels to this.
- if you think epmd's legacy is more popular than bone thugs', then youre living in denial.
- man u crazy. "foe tha luv of $" was like their best single.
- those epmd singles are more comparable to bone's 2nd tier classics.
There was a sharp decline in interest in Bone in 97. Because I wasn't a fan - I was actually in the best position to gauge this.
I love Foe tha Luv...I might actually like that more than the other three. But I think the general consensus was that the other three were more "classic". Not even sure if Foe would even be considered a classic single. Did have Eazy though :blessed:
Not sure why you are underrating EPMD singles the way you are :yeshrug:
What are the other "classic" Bone singles?
Can't believe i mistook the legendary Powder for that chump White Dawg :scust:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
There was a sharp decline in interest in Bone in 97. Because I wasn't a fan - I was actually in the best position to gauge this.
I love Foe tha Luv...I might actually like that more than the other three. But I think the general consensus was that the other three were more "classic". Not even sure if Foe would even be considered a classic single. Did have Eazy though :blessed:
Not sure why you are underrating EPMD singles the way you are :yeshrug:
What are the other "classic" Bone singles?
Can't believe i mistook the legendary Powder for that chump White Dawg :scust:

lol. eazy had the weakest verse on the whole song.

you sound under-qualified to speak on certain matter concerning this group.

bone in '97 took a decline as opposed to previous years but it wasnt sharp.......unless you want to make the same exact claim for wutang??:popcorn:

and even then, bone's decline in '97 still landed them on a higher plateau than epmd ever reached.:whistle: youre hurting your own argument breh.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
lol. eazy had the weakest verse on the whole song.

you sound under-qualified to speak on certain matter concerning this group.

bone in '97 took a decline as opposed to previous years but it wasnt sharp.......unless you want to make the same exact claim for wutang??:popcorn:

and even then, bone's decline in '97 still landed them on a higher plateau than epmd ever reached.:whistle: youre hurting your own argument breh.
:dahell:Eazy had the standout verse to me.
The release of Forever was an event though. And Truimph is an undisputed classic. I think Forever was the peak for them commercially too...definite decline in quality though.
What do you mean by higher plateau? As in quality? :dahell:So Art of War is better than every EPMD album now? :dahell:
Sales - sure - but that's irrelevant to this discussion.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
:dahell:Eazy had the standout verse to me.
The release of Forever was an event though. And Truimph is an undisputed classic. I think Forever was the peak for them commercially too...definite decline in quality though.
What do you mean by higher plateau? As in quality? :dahell:So Art of War is better than every EPMD album now? :dahell:
Sales - sure - but that's irrelevant to this discussion.

lol. bone ripped that track to shreds. krayzie dropped an all-time great verse. but the standout to you was eazy? general disinterest.

im talking what ur talking. you said they had a decline in interest/popularity. it was still on a higher level than epmd ever reached. i didnt mention sales or quality.