Votes: 64 43.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
HOW WE GOT HERE:

bone thugs defeated main source, brand nubian & the hot boys

epmd defeated goodie mob, pete rock & cl smooth and grandmaster flash & the furious five

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
bone has way more classics.

im still trying to figure out how epmd got past the furious five.
:dahell:No they don't! Bones got what? 5 singles in contention?
Thuggish Ruggish
For the Love
First of the Month
Crossroads
Days of Our Lives

And I only listed the EPMD singles that are undisputed classics. I didn't even list Goldigger or a bunch of other songs. A more comprehensive list was posted by someone else in the last thread.
bone's whole catalog is clearly better.

not just e.99
Bone doesn't have a four album run like EPMD. They had the EP and E.99. The double is where they fell off.
It's The Coli forum lol, that's why lol. It's a small minority of people in terms of Hip Hop listeners or even true Hip Hop heads. If you take this question offline obviously Bone win, a lot of people wouldn't know who EPMD is in terms of general Hip Hop fans, more hardcore fans would and Bone would still get the vote overall.
:dahell:If someone doesn't know EPMD then they're a casual fan and their opinion doesn't matter.
Lettuce not act like EPMD isn't a solidified legendary group.
The Art Of War was crazy.. and a double disc too, they are 1 of the few that had a quality double disc album.
:dahell:That album was considered a disappointment in real time.
HOW WE GOT HERE:

bone thugs defeated main source, brand nubian & the hot boys

epmd defeated goodie mob, pete rock & cl smooth and grandmaster flash & the furious five
Still can't believe Brand Nubian lost :scusthov:

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dahell:No they don't! Bones got what? 5 singles in contention?
Thuggish Ruggish
For the Love
First of the Month
Crossroads
Days of Our Lives

And I only listed the EPMD singles that are undisputed classics. I didn't even list Goldigger or a bunch of other songs. A more comprehensive list was posted by someone else in the last thread.

Bone doesn't have a four album run like EPMD. They had the EP and E.99. The double is where they fell off.

:dahell:If someone doesn't know EPMD then they're a casual fan and their opinion doesn't matter.
Lettuce not act like EPMD isn't a solidified legendary group.

Still can't believe Brand Nubian lost :scusthov:

To the first bit that's kind of what I was saying. Casual fans don't really know EPMD like that. In terms of Hip Hop heads, the truth is quite a few even stronger fans don't know EPMD nowadays, it depends upon the generation you talk to. Remember Hip Hop is worldwide, Japan, Africa, U.K, Holland etc. Not saying EPMD ain't a known group, people know them but Bone is on another level though in that regard. But it's not about how many people know you anyway. But in Hip Hop Bone would be the choice if your asking people on a overall basis, in N.Y maybe EPMD would win, but if your talking overall Bone would take it. I've never heard anyone say Art Of War was a disappoint personally, I knew all kinds of fans that loved that album, casual and more hardcore. For some that was like to go to Bone album, had the Pac joint too.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I'd hope so. And I disagree, I think Bone should win easily. Bone are 1 of the greatest groups of all time to me, made a lot of great music. EPMD I like too, but they had more of a local sound to me, Bone had more universal better music to me. And flipped shyt more as MC's too stylistically.
A local sound :what:. Sermon was east coast but also did funk with the best of them.

Tom Foolery

You're using way too many napkins.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place
Was gonna vote Bones, but when you think about it EPMD had a better career from start to finish. The released Back in Business when they were out of there prime and Out of Business was dope too.

Too much internal conflicts, highs and lows as a group ruined Bonez for me.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
EPMD man. Obviously I'm speaking from a perspective of someone who wasn't born when they first got on and was a kid when they were killing it but just doing the history and being a fan of both, EPMD's impact on the game is incredible. The amount of hit records, the amount of albums sold, the amount of MC's they introduced to the game, the sound they introduced

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps

I like Bone's best album over EPMD's best album, but EPMD has 3 classics and Bone only has 1, so EPMD for me.

lets keep it funky here.

if epmd made anything as good as COACU(which is purposely being ignored by some) or e.99 eternal, then none of epmd's follow-ups like "business never personal" would be considered a classic by most people. they would be too busy saying epmd fell off.

Last edited: