Bombs over Bog'Don! The Official 20-2021 Atlanta Hawks Thread #RIPCHAR #WeMove

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
It's the exact reason why I've been saying and ATL said that they won't be able to avoid to keep this current core together as you won't be able to pay everyone market value.
This has always been the reality of the situation. Fortunately we draft well and are deep enough to lose some pieces and still compete for the East.

Hollywood Co

Primetime Reppin
Daps
Reppin
Eastside Atl -
people been saying that the whole past year, but who would we even trade for? There's only maybe 5 players in the whole league that I would trade 2 of Cam/Dre/Kev/OO for, and I can't see any of them hitting the market any time soon

We got a log jam of young players that haven’t proven they are franchise level yet. Right now Nate gonna have a issue getting all 4 players you named good minutes especially if you add Jalen to the mix at all.

Off the top my head, Bradley Beal is sitting out there. I’m not saying we’ll make a deal but we’re on the cusp of being championship level team so a deal for an all star type has to be considered if we can make it happen.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
right. I'm not sure when everyone comes off the books exactly, but more or less moneywise:

Gallo -> Kevin
Capela -> Dre
Vets like Delon Wright and Lou Will -> Cam

basically the young guys become vets and the draft picks become the new young guys, both in rotation and on the books. Simple :yeshrug:
You fukking get it

Hollywood Co

Primetime Reppin
Daps
Reppin
Eastside Atl -
Y'all get on my damn nerves with this idea of trading for players who arent on the market.

Atlanta just needs to continue to build and develop their players. Simple as that.

This is the reality of the team. One or more of these young guys will walk or be traded. It’s a good position to be in. I don’t see the issue discussing possible scenarios.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hawks brehs what would it take from the Cavs to get Cam Reddish and yes I’d trade next years 1st top 3-5 protected and unprotected the year after.

KingCairo

Pro
Daps
^^^ that would certainly indicate someone’s getting high if they made that move. Smh

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
We got a log jam of young players that haven’t proven they are franchise level yet. Right now Nate gonna have a issue getting all 4 players you named good minutes especially if you add Jalen to the mix at all.

Off the top my head, Bradley Beal is sitting out there. I’m not saying we’ll make a deal but we’re on the cusp of being championship level team so a deal for an all star type has to be considered if we can make it happen.

My guy, Hill and Snell averaged 20 minutes a game last season :russ: minutes aren't gonna be a problem.

There's about 120 minutes (48 each at 2/3, 12 each at 1/4) to be spread around Bogi/Kev/Cam/Dre. That's 30 apiece, or 28 with an extra 8 to go to whoever is hot. Kevin was the only one to average over 30 mpg last year(and the only one to stay healthy).

JJ is probably gonna be in CP most of the year, and if he does ball out I see him cutting more into Gallo/Dieng's minutes in the 4/5 rotation. If he contributes THIS year, it's as a Collins Lite big, even though he may be a 3 over time.

What got people fukked up is we could potentially be the best young team since OKC or Orlando but we're even deeper than they were. Our success rate on picks could really be some unprecedented shyt in the league in recent history and people simply can't process it yet.

Last edited:

Hollywood Co

Primetime Reppin
Daps
Reppin
Eastside Atl -
My guy, Hill and Snell averaged 20 minutes a game last season :russ: minutes aren't gonna be a problem.

There's about 120 minutes (48 each at 2/3, 12 each at 1/4) to be spread around Bogi/Kev/Cam/Dre. That's 30 apiece, or 28 with an extra 8 to go to whoever is hot. Kevin was the only one to average over 30 mpg last year(and the only one to stay healthy).

JJ is probably gonna be in CP most of the year, and if he does ball out I see him cutting more into Gallo/Dieng's minutes in the 4/5 rotation. If he contributes THIS year, it's as a Collins Lite big, even though he may be a 3 over time.

What got people fukked up is we could potentially be the best young team since OKC or Orlando but we're even deeper than they were. Our success rate on picks could really be some unprecedented shyt in the league in recent history and people simply can't process it yet.

Why did Hill and Snell especially avg that amount of time?

Because Hunter and Reddish were both out a good portion of the season. Hunter is gonna command 25-35 min and most seem to be expecting Reddish to eventually get around the same minutes given his growth. Still have to account for Huerter who was a primary ball handler a good portion of last season. He’ll now be mostly off the ball with Wright in the fold now.

You can try to hold a guy like Jalen in the G league but he’s already got NBA size and game so I really don’t see us not playing him. He’s too dynamic not to see the floor early this year IMO.

Hawks got a lot going on. It’s an embarrassment of riches but at the end of the day, you can only play 5 at a time and you can only pay so many fair market value. OKC is similar and they never put it all together to win a ring. I believe we can actually win one if we make the right moves along with developing the great talent we have.