Bombs over Bog'Don! The Official 20-2021 Atlanta Hawks Thread #RIPCHAR #WeMove

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
No one is offering Kevin Huerter $90 million dollars breh

All it takes is one team breh to be enamored with his services. That's how restricted free agency works. We see players get overpaid because of it all the time.

If you're a good 3pt shooter, then be prepared to get the bag because teams have desperate need of those players.

Last edited:

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
All it takes is one team breh to be enamored with his services. That's how restricted free agency works. We see players get overpaid because of it all the time. Case in point John Collins whose not worth $30+ million a season regardless of how anyone in ATL tries to spin it.

No one offered John that, the Hawks essentially bid against themselves and no one in Atlanta who’s a real Hawks fan would try to argue that JC is a max level player either so I’m not sure what you’re arguing

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
No one offered John that, the Hawks essentially bid against themselves and no one in Atlanta who’s a real Hawks fan would try to argue that JC is a max level player either so I’m not sure what you’re arguing

I'm arguing the point of how restricted free agency potentially benefits a player as it all it takes is one team to throw them an offer sheet. You don't know whether Huerter will get $90 million or not until you see if a team gives him an offer sheet.

Teams didn't bother throwing Collins an offer sheet as 1. they knew ATL was going to match and 2. he wasn't worth outbidding ATL to get. If a team really wanted Collins then they could have structured the contract (via poison pill) to prevent ATL from matching.

Why do you think that no team bothered throwing Josh Hart an offer sheet?

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Right. I see him getting traded before it comes to that.

A few of those players on the roster are going to have to be traded if that's the case as ATL won't be able to pay market value for everyone and will have to start consolidating assets. Hunter, Reddish and Huerter aren't all getting paid by ATL.

Even in a couple of years, one of Capela and Okongwu is gonna have to get moved as Capela only has 2 years on his deal left and Okongwu will be extension eligible.

It's the same issues other teams have eventually found themselves in, so people shouldn't be surprised or complain about it.

Hollywood Co

Primetime Reppin
Daps
Reppin
Eastside Atl -
A few of those players on the roster are going to have to be traded if that's the case as ATL won't be able to pay market value for everyone and will have to start consolidating assets. Hunter, Reddish and Huerter aren't all getting paid by ATL.

Even in a couple of years, one of Capela and Okongwu is gonna have to get moved as Capela only has 2 years on his deal left and Okongwu will be extension eligible.

It's the same issues other teams have eventually found themselves in, so people shouldn't be surprised or complain about it.

I agree and I think Schlenk is probably looking for a blockbuster trade somewhere in the near future.

Hawks are rich in assets. Best position the team has been in since I’ve been paying attention.

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
I agree and I think Schlenk is probably looking for a blockbuster trade somewhere in the near future.

Hawks are rich in assets. Best position the team has been in since I’ve been paying attention.

people been saying that the whole past year, but who would we even trade for? There's only maybe 5 players in the whole league that I would trade 2 of Cam/Dre/Kev/OO for, and I can't see any of them hitting the market any time soon

Sly Cookin

based
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
people been saying that the whole past year, but who would we even trade for? There's only maybe 5 players in the whole league that I would trade 2 of Cam/Dre/Kev/OO for, and I can't see any of them hitting the market any time soon
We'll cross that bridge when we have to. Capela, gallo, bogi, and even Collins are contracts we can get off relatively easy if we have to. Keeping the young core together isn't as hard as ppl making it seem.

Nobody would offer cam a max today. And if he skyrockets his value we will probably be winning so it won't be an issue to go into the tax as our owner has stated

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
We'll cross that bridge when we have to. Capela, gallo, bogi, and even Collins are contracts we can get off relatively easy if we have to. Keeping the young core together isn't as hard as ppl making it seem.

Nobody would offer cam a max today. And if he skyrockets his value we will probably be winning so it won't be an issue to go into the tax as our owner has stated

right. I'm not sure when everyone comes off the books exactly, but more or less moneywise:

Gallo -> Kevin
Capela -> Dre
Vets like Delon Wright and Lou Will -> Cam

basically the young guys become vets and the draft picks become the new young guys, both in rotation and on the books. Simple :yeshrug: