Bombs over Bog'Don! The Official 20-2021 Atlanta Hawks Thread #RIPCHAR #WeMove

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
He might ball out, but it's hard to get behind a 1st round pick that has a -30% chance of ever viably sharing the court with our best player and can therefore only play 12-14 mpg best case scenario :patrice:

They might not get him, but they need a capable backup point guard to run the show. They need somebody to facilitate and keep the offense rolling with Trae out or just to relieve him at points in the game.

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Saw a mock draft saying the Hawks might go get Sharife Cooper.

Maybe they will, maybe not, but that's exactly the direction they need to go. Need another point guard to run the show and distribute when Trae needs a break, and this kid can do that.

I rather a vet being trusted with the backup point position. If Trae goes down wouldn’t want to have to depend on a rookie to get us where we’re trying to go.

I saw a comment from TS the other day and he was talking about how he’s looking at this draft different now with the progress the Hawks made this season. He wants players that can win now and help them beat Milwaukee, Brooklyn, etc.

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
I rather a vet being trusted with the backup point position. If Trae goes down wouldn’t want to have to depend on a rookie to get us where we’re trying to go.

I saw a comment from TS the other day and he was talking about how he’s looking at this draft different now with the progress the Hawks made this season. He wants players that can win now and help them beat Milwaukee, Brooklyn, etc.

They are going to draft anyway. Whatever they do after that is up to them.

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
They might not get him, but they need a capable backup point guard to run the show. They need somebody to facilitate and keep the offense rolling with Trae out or just to relieve him at points in the game.
Absolutely, that's our biggest need, I would just lean more towards one of the dudes from Baylor or another one of the other combo guards mocked in the back half of the 1st that could play with Trae at some point if they reach their full potential. We don't necessarily need a "true" PG as a backup, as K'Von/Reddish/Bogi should theoretically be leading the 2nd unit regardless.

Even if Cooper ends up all-star caliber, he'll always be playing a zero-sum game with Trae here and wouldn't net full value as a trade chip given that other teams would know we had to move him. I'd rather take my chances on one of the other guys that could possibly fit the team better longterm.

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
Absolutely, that's our biggest need, I would just lean more towards one of the dudes from Baylor or another one of the other combo guards mocked in the back half of the 1st that could play with Trae at some point if they reach their full potential. We don't necessarily need a "true" PG as a backup, as K'Von/Reddish/Bogi should theoretically be leading the 2nd unit regardless.

Even if Cooper ends up all-star caliber, he'll always be playing a zero-sum game with Trae here and wouldn't net full value as a trade chip given that other teams would know we had to move him. I'd rather take my chances on one of the other guys that could possibly fit the team better longterm.

Never know how long Trae stays. I'm just really commenting on what they need and not "who" they need to go get. Somebody to run the offense in Trae's breaks or if something unfortunate happens like an injury. They can use whatever draft pick they get to trade for whoever, but we know what they need. A facilitator, scorer that can keep the ball rolling on offense.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
If ATL truly wants to compete with the big boys of the league of the league going forward, then their current front court just isn’t going to cut it long term.

The landscape of the league is currently that elite level big men can help change the direction of a franchise and get you where you want to go.

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
If ATL truly wants to compete with the big boys of the league of the league going forward, then their current front court just isn’t going to cut it long term.

The landscape of the league is currently that elite level big men can help change the direction of a franchise and get you where you want to go.

That's always been the case. We just saw nearly 20 years of Lebron.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
He's a big man. It's about the way a player plays. Charles Barkley wasn't a big man size wise, but he played down low.

I’m more so referring to these current crop of big men who play the center positron and are changing teams fortunes. The pairing of Collins/Capela isn’t going to work long term if ATL wants to be a legit legit contender. Their deficiencies are going to hold the team back long term.

A lot of these current true contenders have an elite level center.

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
I’m more so referring to these current crop of big men who play the center positron and are changing teams fortunes. The pairing of Collins/Capela isn’t going to work long term if ATL wants to be a legit legit contender. Their deficiencies are going to hold the team back long term.

The only team they didn't beat was Milwaukee and even in that series they weren't far off. They also missed Hunter because of injury.

All of this is what they get paid to address though, so we'll see what they do. They can make multiple changes at the same time. What they lacked was a scorer. When it came time to put the game away Milwaukee had Middleton to just get bucket after bucket. Atlanta didn't have anybody that was answering, and ironically when Trae came back they looked like they got worse on the offensive side the last game. Too much attention is focused on him with the other teams defense. They need somebody to balance it out someway.

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL

We need a true backup PG. Schlenk said in exit interviews yesterday that it’s our biggest position of need going into the off-season. Kevin is a backup SG…I like him more as a scorer where he can be aggressive as opposed to a PG where he gets in those passive, pass first tendencies. Cam isn’t a PG or a facilitator and as currently constructed Bogi is a starter on this team.

I don’t follow college basketball so I don’t know who we should target in the draft but either through the draft or free agency it’s gotta be a legitimate backup PG who can handle the backup duties behind Trae.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
The only team they didn't beat was Milwaukee and even in that series they weren't far off. They also missed Hunter because of injury.

All of this is what they get paid to address though, so we'll see what they do. They can make multiple changes at the same time. What they lacked was a scorer. When it came time to put the game away Milwaukee had Middleton to just get bucket after bucket. Atlanta didn't have anybody that was answering, and ironically when Trae came back they looked like they got worse on the offensive side the last game. Too much attention is focused on him with the other teams defense. They need somebody to balance it out someway.

This year’s performance doesn’t necessarily carry over to next season though when other teams get healthy and improve. That’s why a few of us has said that they shouldn’t use this season to accelerate the timeline and lock in this current core just because they made the conference finals.

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL

Disagree. Bucks don’t have an elite level center or BK. Those are the only teams in the East ahead of the Hawks right now and at full strength we’re neck and neck with MIL. Our growth will come from our wings in Hunter and Cam, that’s where we lost this series, not having enough perimeter scoring/defending

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
This year’s performance doesn’t necessarily carry over to next season though when other teams get healthy and improve. That’s why a few of us has said that they shouldn’t use this season to accelerate the timeline and lock in this current core just because they made the conference finals.

Like I said, Atlanta was missing players too. This happens every year. Teams make adjustements, some are disappointed and some are happy.