Bombs over Bog'Don! The Official 20-2021 Atlanta Hawks Thread #RIPCHAR #WeMove

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
This year’s performance doesn’t necessarily carry over to next season though when other teams get healthy and improve.That’s why a few of us has said that they shouldn’t use this season to accelerate the timeline and lock in this current core just because they made the conference finals.

:dwillhuh:

We lost the third most games to injury last season and two of our most talented wings are still improving. What are you talking about?

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Disagree. Bucks don’t have an elite level center or BK. Those are the only teams in the East ahead of the Hawks right now and at full strength we’re neck and neck with MIL. Our growth will come from our wings in Hunter and Cam, that’s where we lost this series, not having enough perimeter scoring/defending

You conveniently left out the Sixers. Just because you beat doesn’t that you’re the team nor does it mean that you will beat them next year depending on how things go with them. Growth is a fine concept to stick but you also there’s also no guarantee that those guys will even become good enough to be the difference makers that ATL needs.

As I’ve said before, you can’t pay everybody as both Trey, Huerter and Collins are due extensions here soon. They currently have the benefit that other teams don’t that they have good players on cheap contracts. That’s not going to the case in the next few years, so they will run into the same situation that other contenders have now.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
:dwillhuh:

We lost the third most games to injury last season and two of our most talented wings are still improving. What are you talking about?

And that’s supposed to mean something?

Just because you were in the ECF this year doesn’t mean that you will be there next year guaranteed even if those players come back :comeon:

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
We need a true backup PG. Schlenk said in exit interviews yesterday that it’s our biggest position of need going into the off-season. Kevin is a backup SG…I like him more as a scorer where he can be aggressive as opposed to a PG where he gets in those passive, pass first tendencies. Cam isn’t a PG or a facilitator and as currently constructed Bogi is a starter on this team.

I don’t follow college basketball so I don’t know who we should target in the draft but either through the draft or free agency it’s gotta be a legitimate backup PG who can handle the backup duties behind Trae.

Thing is, we're looking for someone to replace Lou, who isn't a true PG. If he was 3-5 years younger, we probably wouldn't be having any talk of replacing him. Our 2nd unit needs more of a Lou than a Rondo.

None of the wings are PGs, no, but they can be lead playmakers and would lose opportunities with a ball-dominant backup.

I agree with you that we'd be better off with a vet in that spot regardless though. If we can get somebody like Cam Payne or TJ McConnell then we'd be in business

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Disagree. Bucks don’t have an elite level center or BK. Those are the only teams in the East ahead of the Hawks right now and at full strength we’re neck and neck with MIL. Our growth will come from our wings in Hunter and Cam, that’s where we lost this series, not having enough perimeter scoring/defending
I’d argue Lopez is elite. Or he’s the ability to play elite when needed to. His size and skill really fukked us up. His versatility really was an issue

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
And that’s supposed to mean something?

Just because you were in the ECF this year doesn’t mean that you will be there next year guaranteed even if those players come back :comeon:

You just talked about how other teams will get better by getting healthy but conveniently looked passed us missing our two best wings during most of the playoffs, lol. Not only that, we will continue to get better as our core is still 23 and younger and none of them are close to their prime.

Brooklyn, Philly, Milwaukee ain’t getting any younger and all have players with injury histories so their seasons next year is no more guaranteed than ours.

we have two holes to address. A legit 7 footer and backup point. Those two can be addressed.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
You just talked about how other teams will get better by getting healthy but conveniently looked passed us missing our two best wings during most of the playoffs, lol. Not only that, we will continue to get better as our core is still 23 and younger and none of them are close to their prime.

Brooklyn, Philly, Milwaukee ain’t getting any younger and all have players with injury histories so their seasons next year is no more guaranteed than ours.

we have two holes to address. A legit 7 footer and backup point. Those two can be addressed.

Still doesn’t change the fact that there’s no guarantee that you will be in the ECF again next season :mjlol:

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I can see this summer playing out like this (assuming no major trade)…

Resign Lou
Resign John
Sign a veteran big
Sign a veteran backup point guard
Draft a wing/guard

Players that probably won’t be back…
Bruno,
Tony Snell,
Kris Dunn

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
I can see this summer playing out like this (assuming no major trade)…

Resign Lou
Resign John
Sign a veteran big
Sign a veteran backup point guard
Draft a wing/guard

Players that probably won’t be back…
Bruno,
Tony Snell,
Kris Dunn

Dunn has a player option that I can't see him turning down after looking like he never dribbled a basketball in the ECF :francis:

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Last thing for today. One of the biggest areas of growth (literally) will need to come from Collins/Capela. By game 6 against Milwaukee you can tell they both had been worn down after going through some of the most physical bigs in the league (Randle, Gibson, Embiid, Simmons, Giannis, Brook Lopez).

Both of them (including Big O) need to be in the weight room all offseason as they’ll likely have to take a similar path next season.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
If ATL truly wants to compete with the big boys of the league of the league going forward, then their current front court just isn’t going to cut it long term.

The landscape of the league is currently that elite level big men can help change the direction of a franchise and get you where you want to go.
I feel good about Okongwu long-term but I am not sure about JC or Capela. Both of them look regular season-ish.

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Thing is, we're looking for someone to replace Lou, who isn't a true PG. If he was 3-5 years younger, we probably wouldn't be having any talk of replacing him. Our 2nd unit needs more of a Lou than a Rondo.

None of the wings are PGs, no, but they can be lead playmakers and would lose opportunities with a ball-dominant backup.

I agree with you that we'd be better off with a vet in that spot regardless though. If we can get somebody like Cam Payne or TJ McConnell then we'd be in business

Yea I’d love TJ or Rose as backup point but we need them to be competent scorers too. That was a big reason why Rondo didn’t work is b/c he gave us no offense. Lou was decidedly better scoring but wasn’t really used to set up the offense, he was just asked to score. Lou might come back here and if he does maybe that’s the solution…the team loved him and provided a lot of veteran leadership but IDK if he’s the best fit at backup PG. We’ll see

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
I’d argue Lopez is elite. Or he’s the ability to play elite when needed to. His size and skill really fukked us up. His versatility really was an issue

He’s very versatile and very skilled but elite is Embiid or KAT or AD or Jokic. Lopez isn’t in that class IMO