Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
Another large insider purchase by RA Capital on Friday of ACHN stock :blessed:
Capital Management, Ra, a major owner of Achillion Pharmaceuticals, recently acquired 2,448,710 shares of the company. The buys took place at prices ranging from $2.50 to $2.62 per share, on October 11, 2013. Ra now owns 94,450,678 shares of the company.
http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1070336/000114420413055197/0001144204-13-055197-index.htm
:shaq:
ACHN has a huge short interest, this is going to be great. Going to buy some deep $2 calls

damn, how many shares are in the float?

Bernie Madoff

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Otisville, Federal Correctional Institution
damn, how many shares are in the float?
That quote is wrong on total shares they hold. I think they hold around 14 million now after this purchase

Float is about 67 million (23% of the float is short, over 16 million)
http://shortsqueeze.com/?symbol=Achn&submit=Short+Quote%99

Smh at owning 94 million shares :laugh:

Still between common and calls this is now my largest holding.

Volume was 8 million on Monday, looks like another big buyer grabbed some shares, should see another filing next week.

Last edited:

Bernie Madoff

Banned
Daps
Reppin
you're going to convince me to buy this stock
Lol I mean look at this team at RA
http://www.racap.com/team/
You think those guys are just throwing money away?
I bought based off my own research (about 40 hours if I had to guess) and I don't have a doubt in my mind on this stock but only time will tell. Besides the ra buys the only company pr has been the frivolous lawsuits against it. They have a working relationship with Gilead as well and at this price the buy out rumors are going to be coming down the line any moment IMO. Stocks worth 1.80 in cash.

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
I bought based off my own research (about 40 hours if I had to guess) and I don't have a doubt in my mind on this stock but only time will tell. Besides the ra buys the only company pr has been the frivolous lawsuits against it. They have a working relationship with Gilead as well and at this price the buy out rumors are going to be coming down the line any moment IMO. Stocks worth 1.80 in cash.

I just don't really see any catalyst to move it in the future. Isn't the reason they're so low is their drug got rejected by the FDA?

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I just don't really see any catalyst to move it in the future. Isn't the reason they're so low is their drug got rejected by the FDA?

I'm willing to throw 5k at it. Should I?

Bernie Madoff

Banned
Daps
Reppin
It didnt get rejected per say the FDA just didnt lift a hold on sep 27 that had originally been placed in June.

The FDA's response indicated that while Achillion's submission addressed all the issues noted in the FDA's June 29 letter, the FDA concluded that the removal of the clinical hold is not warranted, said the company.

"While we are disappointed that we were not able to resolve the clinical hold at this time despite having addressed all the issues, we believe the breadth of our portfolio allows us to quickly advance other all oral combination regimens for the treament of [hepatitis C virus]," said Chief Executive Milind Deshpande.

In July, Achillion had said the FDA put the drug on clinical hold after the company's early-stage study of drug interactions in healthy patients resulted in elevated liver enzymes tied to higher-than-expected exposures to sovaprevir and another drug, atazanavir.

The company had voluntarily stopped dosing in the study after finding high levels of the liver enzymes in several people enrolled in the study. Its preliminary investigation found that dosing with both of the drugs caused a metabolic interaction that substantially increased the plasma concentration of both drugs.

No serious adverse events were reported at that time.

The FDA has continued to allow the enrollment of patients in a separate midstage study evaluating sovaprevir in combination with other drugs in patients with hepatitis C.

On Friday, Achillion announced interim data from its ongoing Phase 2a clinical trial of two doses of sovaprevir in combination with ACH-3102 and ribavirin, saying to date the combination has been well tolerated with no drug-related serious adverse events, no clinically significant changes in vital signs or electrocardiograms, no graded increases in liver unciton tests, and no other laboratory abnormalities were noted with the exception of decreases in hemoglobin observed and attributed to ribavirin.

Achillion is competing with Bristol-Myers Squibb Co. (BMY) and Gilead Sciences Inc. (GILD) to bring an all-oral hepatitis C regimen to market, hoping to capitalize on what is expected to be a multibillion-dollar market for the therapy.

Bernie Madoff

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Catalyst will be one of 3 things
1.hold removed
2.the ac3102 enters phase 3
3.buy out

+20 % of the stock is short, and when this pops its going to pop.

Floor was hit at 2.40. Just look at the charts on the stock and how it trades. Bullish closes everyday! :blessed:

Once it breaks 2.90 the next stop is 3.60's.

2.92 covering begins :skip:
http://www.schaeffersresearch.com/marketcenters/optionscenter/content/option bears hit achillion pharmaceuticals inc achn on news/default.aspx?ID=117963

ACHN has been the subject of a number of recent research reports. Analysts at Credit Suisse downgraded shares of Achillion Pharmaceuticals from an “outperform” rating to a “neutral” rating in a research note to investors on Wednesday. Separately, analysts at Deutsche Bank downgraded shares of Achillion Pharmaceuticals from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating in a research note to investors on Monday, September 30th. Finally, analysts at Wells Fargo & Co. downgraded shares of Achillion Pharmaceuticals from an “outperform” rating to a “market perform” rating in a research note to investors on Monday, September 30th. One investment analyst has rated the stock with a sell rating and eleven have assigned a hold rating to the company’s stock. Achillion Pharmaceuticals has an average rating of “Hold” and an average target price of $6.07.

Last edited:

Bernie Madoff

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I'm willing to throw 5k at it. Should I?
No need to spend 5k.. Just buy 50 calls of Jan $4 strikes at .10 It hits $5 you just turned $500 into 5k

Or sell earlier and take alittle profit flipping the calls. If it goes up another couple of % the calls will be worth close to .20 I'd imagine
Easy double of the original $500
It also could go back down and the options become worthless
I'm confident with my money on the calls though

PewPew

I came from nothing
Daps
Reppin
Earth
I just wanna say that I love this thread Nd y'all input into everything. Just learned I'm expecting but I plan on stacking about 1K and coming in here for some knowledge. Please keep up the good work fellas