Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
what's your timeline? do you want to follow the markets everyday or not?

If you don't want to follow the markets everyday I would recommend index funds like SPY or VTI or a big multinational corporation.

Long term. I would like to make extra money. Doesn't have to be huge. I just want to put some of my money to work.

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
Long term. I would like to make extra money. Doesn't have to be huge. I just want to put some of my money to work.

if you're new to the game I would look up index funds and pick an american stock index and throw my money in there.

example: if you buy SPY it will track the performance of the S&P 500 (which is the 500 biggest companies in america).

Bernie Madoff

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Otisville, Federal Correctional Institution
One biopharmaceutical player that insiders are jumping into big here is Achillion Pharmaceuticals(ACHN), which focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of innovative treatments for infectious diseases. Insiders are buying this stock into massive weakness, since shares are off sharply by 67% so far in 2013.

Achillion Pharmaceuticals has a market cap of $246.43 million and an enterprise value of $136.34 million. This stock trades at a premium valuation, with a price-to-sales of 2,244 and a price-to-book of 1.50. Its estimated growth rate for this year is -14.1%, and for next year it's pegged at -15.1%. This is a cash-rich company, since the total cash position on its balance sheet is $133.82 million and its total debt is just $525,000.

A beneficial owner just bought 2.8 million shares, or about $8.35 million worth of stock, at $2.96 to $3.01 per share.

From a technical perspective, ACHN is currently trending just below both its 50-day and 200-day moving averages, which is bearish. This stock recently gapped down sharply from around $7.50 to below $3 a share with heavy downside volume. Following that gap down, shares of ACHN have continued to trend lower with the stock printing a new 52-week low today. This move has pushed shares of ACHN into extremely oversold territory, since its current relative strength index reading is 18.08. Oversold can always get more oversold, but it's also an area where a stock can bounce sharply higher from if the buyers step back in.

If you're bullish on ACHN, then look for long-biased trades as long as this stock is trending above $2.50 and then once it breaks out above some near-term overhead resistance levels at $2.85 to $3 a share with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above those levels with volume that hits near or above its three-month average volume of 2.10 million shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then ACHN will set up to re-test or possibly take out its gap down day high of $3.62 a share.

Bernie Madoff

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Otisville, Federal Correctional Institution
Bernie, be very careful with bio stocks. They are extremely volatile and the sector has been in a strong downtrend all year. A lot of good bio's have been taken down a few notches the past few months. Not saying you will lose but tread carefully. Bio's tend to not go the way you think they'll go.
No doubt. I've done the research. I've literally watched this chart everyday for the last week in real time (pre/after) included.
Looked at the reasons for the drop and FDA hold. Looked at the company's pipeline, read the charts, looked at the blocks to see trends. Read the transcripts ect. Achn is going up. I got common at 2.43 and $4 calls 3 months out at .10 I've never been so confident about a play in my life. But it's all talk at this point, we'll see for sure either way.

Key to bio plays is be conservative and to take profits. Which fits into how I trade.

Also
http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/achn/short-interest

Looks like an imminent squeeze to me :smile:

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: Ill