Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
My question is, with the coli stock market now open, do we still have a need for this thread on top of the one above

Bernie Madoff

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Otisville, Federal Correctional Institution
My question is, with the coli stock market now open, do we still have a need for this thread on top of the one above
:huh:
That thread is going to be more for people who don't know too much and joke around. This thread is for adults spending real money, making 4 and 5 figure trades of real money...

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
:huh:
That thread is going to be more for people who don't know too much and joke around. This thread is for adults spending real money, making 4 and 5 figure trades of real money...
So why can't you just mirror what you're doing in here, on there. It would be a cool way to watch it and realistically I just think multiple stickies is ugly (won't front). You can't say what that thread will be yet, it hasn't begun. Just set the tone.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
So AMD beats earnings estimates and the stock tumbles? I don't get it.
Its been on fire the past couple weeks. Perhaps traders expected them to better much than estimates. Could have revised down futures estimates as well. Havent had a chance to look.

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits

Advanced Micro Devices Inc posted a 6 percent decline in personal computer chip sales, dampening hopes that its fast-growing gaming-console business can take up the slack and sending its shares 7 percent lower.

But investors had hoped for an even bigger boost, as AMD's larger core PC business continues to shrink. The company's stock, which had gained 12 percent over the past week, fell more than 7 percent to $3.81 in extended trading.

Bernie Madoff

Banned
Daps
Reppin
No need to spend 5k.. Just buy 50 calls of Jan $4 strikes at .10 It hits $5 you just turned $500 into 5k

Or sell earlier and take alittle profit flipping the calls. If it goes up another couple of % the calls will be worth close to .20 I'd imagine
Easy double of the original $500
It also could go back down and the options become worthless
I'm confident with my money on the calls though

Those calls are now worth .20
http://finance.yahoo.com/q/op?s=ACHN&m=2014-01

I'm playing this stock like the 72 win bulls :skip:

Pivot is 2.89
Support 2.83

Need to take out 2.99/3.05, then it's off to 3.60's

Looks like hedge funds oversold this on the FDA news on purpose to get it off the Q3 books. Then a bunch of retail investors placed sucker bets on the puts. Now the hedgies are buying back in and the shorts are in trouble. I watched the order book all day, and big money is def. behind this drive..

Last edited:

Bernie Madoff

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Dvax apr 14 $1 calls for .50
I'll post the research and reason why throughout the weekend! Very low risk high reward IMO

Disclaimer: all my posts in this thread are my opinons and my opinons only. Nothing in the stock market is guaranteed an you should always consult your own financial advisor before investing.

Last edited:

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music

Time to buy more. The street is apparently upset that it will take longer for projected earning to occur. This happened time an time again with NOK, but eventually the longs won.

I honestly don't expect AMD to really surge sustainably till next year. I'll be buying more on the dip personally