Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
What are you thinking on jcp?
I think the fact that is has trended in the 13.80-13.90 range on such low volume is encouraging. It's going to hit 16 minimum on a decent CEO pick just off volume.

I'd rather own JCP debt than equity....

edit:: hey, you want to take a lower than senior position in their debt?

you'll need some money though....if you believe in JCP let me know...PM me.

Last edited:

ThaBoyBam

You don't respect your jaw!
Daps
I think the fact that is has trended in the 13.80-13.90 range on such low volume is encouraging. It's going to hit 16 minimum on a decent CEO pick just off volume.

If they pick a big name CEO JCP gonna move! There's also a possible (far fetched, be it) buy opportunity with JCP as well. I think the stocks volatility is gonna be crazy. Companies that suck (or appear to, as JCP) are ruled by speculation.

I'm not quite sure on the companies "lane." Who do they cater to? If SEARS buys them, and that might not be a bad idea, might meet historical highs :ohlawd:

PewPew

I came from nothing
Daps
Reppin
Earth
Options are pretty risky. But so are penny stocks, but with options at least you know you're dealing with real companies :russ:

You have to be on top of things with options, just like a common stock.You have to pay attention to different catalyst. Nothing like losing your entire investment on a bad pr :upsetfavre:

For example, If you were to have calls in AAPL, you lost this week. Lack luster release of those new phones and no news on any deals with China Mobile.

Calls are essentially a bet that the stock will go up to a particular price (considered the strike price). AAPL dropped significantly because the catalyst (apple event on new phones) was some shyt. However, if you were to have puts (basically that the stock price will drop) at like 465, you won big.

I've glossed over a lot here. Check out investopedia.com. That site provides a lot of the basics.

Here's a thread on options that was posted in TLR: http://www.thecoli.com/threads/dont-trade-stock-options-breh.138263/

You have some time to learn enough to come up on Q4 earnings reports.

Some great advice in this thread too. Put you money in AMD and take a nap :blessed:

Any of you guys on stocktwits.com ?

Thanks for typing this up. I'm going to visit that site and pay very close attention to what you guys say in here

PewPew

I came from nothing
Daps
Reppin
Earth
How new are you to the game? Seriously......they have expiration dates....dont fukk with options unless you know what you're doing.

I'm not new to the stock game at all buy options are completely foreign to me. I was too poor to trade the regular stocks but now I got my weight up so I'm trying learn and soak up all the knowledge I can

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mother Russia & Greater Israel
The best thing about options is you know how much risk you are exposed to. I'm still very new to them but the past week or two have been playing around. For me, its great because I have a problem cutting losses. I generally don't and let it ride out to much further losses like an idiot. While I'm gaining my discipline, I noticed options have limited downside and unlimited upside, which is exactly what fits my current style.

With options, you can "risk" $200 worth of contracts. If you lose, the max you can lose is $200. If you win, the wins can be limitless and that $200 can turn into $8k. It's somewhat gambling/lottery to get those kinds of returns and most of the time you will lose. For me, knowing how much my max loss is, is great.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I dont like the company longterm and it seems as though bankruptcy is a viable option at this point. Theyre going to need an outstanding holiday season to save themselves. Im going to hold my calls for the inevitable pop back to around 15-15.50 but I will be getting out when that happens. its too volatile for me.

Bernie Madoff

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Otisville, Federal Correctional Institution
I was wrong on facebook. I thought it would dip below 30 again. I never advised on any options though. I'm 100% against options. You can easily play the press releases and make money without 100% committing either way.
Bbry at 9.18
Brew at 11.00
Jcp at 13.49, and 12.24
Xrx at 10.0
Yhoo at 24

You follow me, you win. I will not lose.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
I don't do options either. I'm strickly value buy and hold investor. I buy companies on the cheap and sell for a significant profit much later. This is typically effective for companies fallen on hard times or under duress. I've done this with numerous companies over the past few years and have made a nice chunk of change. Recent wins for me include NFLX, NOK, AMD, ALU, DDD, SBUX

National catastrophes are an excellent time to buy stocks btw. The name of the game is buy low, sell high