Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

MikeBrownsJob

Seattle fan since 2013 *deal with it slime*
Daps
Reppin
Seattle We Run You Nyggas Ask Russel Wilson
I think twitter is by FAR the most important social network, and most definitely the most valuable. I'll be watching this one very closely. The only question is, when should you buy?

What sites should someone who has no idea what they are doing start off with? Depending on when twitter opens to the public there's a good chance I won't know the ins and outs of investing.

I need a crash course so I can get in on this. :birdman: and learn as I go. I don't want to miss this.

Scott trade?

Help :sadcam:

PewPew

I came from nothing
Daps
Reppin
Earth
How did I miss this greatness????? Please brehs, school me in the ways of the stock game. I have a couple positions in some penny stocks but now I have enough capital to fukk with the regular stock market. Looking forward to any and all advice from the investment gurus

ThaBoyBam

You don't respect your jaw!
Daps
How did I miss this greatness????? Please brehs, school me in the ways of the stock game. I have a couple positions in some penny stocks but now I have enough capital to fukk with the regular stock market. Looking forward to any and all advice from the investment gurus
If your'e gambling with penny stocks, you might as well trade options breh.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Anyone interested in IPO trading need to establish a relationship with a broker NOW. Most brokerage firms only grant those with an established relationship with the firm the option to buy into IPOs. I personally use etrade, but scottrade, and Ameritrade are also good options.

if you register quickly enough and establish a history, you will generally be given the chance to purchase IPO shares. I'll likely be putting a grip down and holding for the long term.

ThaBoyBam

You don't respect your jaw!
Daps
Never traded options before, is it generally the same thing?

Options are pretty risky. But so are penny stocks, but with options at least you know you're dealing with real companies :russ:

You have to be on top of things with options, just like a common stock.You have to pay attention to different catalyst. Nothing like losing your entire investment on a bad pr :upsetfavre:

For example, If you were to have calls in AAPL, you lost this week. Lack luster release of those new phones and no news on any deals with China Mobile.

Calls are essentially a bet that the stock will go up to a particular price (considered the strike price). AAPL dropped significantly because the catalyst (apple event on new phones) was some shyt. However, if you were to have puts (basically that the stock price will drop) at like 465, you won big.

I've glossed over a lot here. Check out investopedia.com. That site provides a lot of the basics.

Here's a thread on options that was posted in TLR: http://www.thecoli.com/threads/dont-trade-stock-options-breh.138263/

You have some time to learn enough to come up on Q4 earnings reports.

Some great advice in this thread too. Put you money in AMD and take a nap :blessed:

Any of you guys on stocktwits.com ?