Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
looking
I know what my stocks are doing every minute of the day and what news is driving those movements. Same goes for the stocks I'm thinking of investing in, whether it be a short or long term trade. I make a living doing this sh1t and I love it!
I'm the same way, except for when I'm very busy. But that's not necessarily a good thing.

Brooklynzson

Just a kid from Brooklyn
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Coli
I'm installing the Stock Trader plugin & need some help w/ the options:

What should these options be set to?

Minimum Share Price(currently set to 1)
Minimum Share Price of an individual stock allowed to purchase. The lowest minimum price is 1. stock values less than 1 (which are commonly known as Penny stocks) are not supported. The system is not built to handle all the issues associated with Penny Stocks.

Max Shares per Purchase (currently set to 0)
Maximum shares allowed to purchase per transaction.

Min number of days before can Sell Shares (currently set to 3)
This setting is the minimum number of days after purchase that a member must wait before they can sell any of those newly purchased shares.

@LionofJudah @Sachs, Fifth Avenue or anyone else...

Kritic

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Should of bought facebook when it was at 18. Waiting on the Dell buyout.
dell buyout? what you know my nicca? talk to me

PF-boiler-room_1249439c.jpg

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Activist investor Carl Icahn has dropped his bid to block a buyout offer for Dell, paving the way for the struggling PC maker to go private and attempt to revitalize its business.

In an open letter to Dell shareholders released Monday, Icahn says he will no longer fight to thwart a buyout proposal from founder Michael Dell and Silver Lake Partners. But he still disputes the value of the $13.75-per-share deal.

"I continue to believe that the price being paid by Michael Dell/Silver Lake to purchase our company greatly undervalues it," Icahn's letter said.

Icahn and Southeastern Asset Management, two of Dell's largest shareholders, have opposed Michael Dell's plan to buyout the company since it was announced in February.

The proposal sparked several counteroffers from Icahn and private-equity firm Blackstone Group in March, claiming to offer as much as $15 a share. The company rejected both deals.

Dell shares closed at $13.84 on Monday, unchanged from Friday.

In August, Dell and Silver Lake submitted a "final" proposal that upped the value from $13.65 to $13.75, along with a special dividend of 13 cents once the deal closes.

As a shareholder I voted against the proposal because I also believe that the price undervalues it, but I have a feeling it's going to go through.

dell buyout? what you know my nicca? talk to me

PF-boiler-room_1249439c.jpg

Last edited:

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Just unloaded half my postition of JCP and increased my holdings of AMD. The future just looks so bright for AMD its sickening. WIll be looking to double or triple my current investment by next year with this beauty.

Kritic

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
amd will rise a little when their next cards come out but intel will crash them long term with the apu's. nvidia got them in a losing cycle.

aliG

Pro
Daps
Just unloaded half my postition of JCP and increased my holdings of AMD. The future just looks so bright for AMD its sickening. WIll be looking to double or triple my current investment by next year with this beauty.

future looks bright? is it because of the ARM partnership? whats the deal?