Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
What's a good defense stock to buy. I just wanna buy one n forget about it.

i have RTN and another one.

i don't check them n shyt... i dont really know about stocks. but whats a good defense or aerospace company?

boeing, northrop grumman, kratos, lockheed martin, exelis, thales, SAIC, rockwell collins, harris corp

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
Why would you buy a stock and not spend time following it daily? Are you buying defense stocks because of Syria? Or because you think A Syrian bombing will lead to a major world war? What defense stocks you should look at would depend on the answer to those questions.

good questions

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Why would you buy a stock and not spend time following it daily? Are you buying defense stocks because of Syria? Or because you think A Syrian bombing will lead to a major world war? What defense stocks you should look at would depend on the answer to those questions.
You shouldnt follow a stock daily though, that would cause irrational decision making...unless its selfa volatile speculative selection.

The ideal thing to do is buy stocks and not check your porfolio except for every month/quarter. In the long run, a good selection will work itself out and appreciate. But if you check everyday, seeing negative stock performance in the short run can very well cause you to do something stupid like sell and disregard all your research.

I remember when I bought Krispy Kreme at 14.70. There was a month or so where it was doing bad from a downgrade, insider selling and macroeconomic factors.It went down to like 12.86 and I almost pulled the trigger but thank god I didnt. It was trading at 23 a couple weeks ago.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Still in on those SPY calls? Nice returns this week...
Yea, but I got rocked because I literally bought them the day that Kerry made those comments about Syria and the index was around 166.7 when I bought em. Everything was smooth until fukkin Kerry. So I'm still in the hole about 50 %. SMH. We'll see how next week is. I shouldve sold when the SPY was trading at 167 two nights ago but I was helping a friend move. Didnt even realize it went up that much :whew:. Then it sold off at the end of day :smh:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I see jcp hitting 20 but I'm going to try to buy low again. I think it will dip down around 13 for a bit. Then hit 14 and crush the shorts like it did at 13 today. But if it gets around 14 I may jump in and play with house money.
Fundamentally, can JCP really fukk with Nordstrom, Kohls and Dillard's though?

Sears and JCP I just dont like. i dunno man

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Yea, but I got rocked because I literally bought them the day that Kerry made those comments about Syria and the index was around 166.7 when I bought em. Everything was smooth until fukkin Kerry. So I'm still in the hole about 50 %. SMH. We'll see how next week is. I shouldve sold when the SPY was trading at 167 two nights ago but I was helping a friend move. Didnt even realize it went up that much :whew:. Then it sold off at the end of day :smh:
life is timing breh

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I've always bought only defense stocks....... for like 11 years. I have other interest besides stocks and I don't want to really look into different categories. ... I'm not a scary person and I believe in letting shyt grow. I don't follow along w the threads - so no it has nothing to do w Syria. I'm not gonna sell shyt, so that's why I don't look into them. If I lose the money then That's just what the universe has willed to happen ---- but if I buy one that blows up, when I get around to checking them, I will see it and act on it.

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
I've always bought only defense stocks....... for like 11 years. I have other interest besides stocks and I don't want to really look into different categories. ... I'm not a scary person and I believe in letting shyt grow. I don't follow along w the threads - so no it has nothing to do w Syria. I'm not gonna sell shyt, so that's why I don't look into them. If I lose the money then That's just what the universe has willed to happen ---- but if I buy one that blows up, when I get around to checking them, I will see it and act on it.

i have other interests as well but that doesn't stop me from diversifying my stocks.....

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Should of bought facebook when it was at 18. Waiting on the Dell buyout.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I alre
buy stocks of companies you think will be around for years, that's probably the best strategy. dont speculate.

even the pros don't beat the market half the time (probably more than half).

I have stock in Dell already, I'm waiting to see what happens. Bought in at 15, buyout proposal is around 14.

Bernie Madoff

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Otisville, Federal Correctional Institution
You shouldnt follow a stock daily though, that would cause irrational decision making...unless its selfa volatile speculative selection.

The ideal thing to do is buy stocks and not check your porfolio except for every month/quarter. In the long run, a good selection will work itself out and appreciate. But if you check everyday, seeing negative stock performance in the short run can very well cause you to do something stupid like sell and disregard all your research.

I remember when I bought Krispy Kreme at 14.70. There was a month or so where it was doing bad from a downgrade, insider selling and macroeconomic factors.It went down to like 12.86 and I almost pulled the trigger but thank god I didnt. It was trading at 23 a couple weeks ago.
I know what my stocks are doing every minute of the day and what news is driving those movements. Same goes for the stocks I'm thinking of investing in, whether it be a short or long term trade. I make a living doing this sh1t and I love it!