Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
So, anyone looking at Bitcoin?

-1x-1.png
explain how to make money from bitcoin? I buy bitcoins then ride the wave?

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
how high you think it will go? It's expensive now :mjcry:

IS there a way to get bitcoins without buying them?

You don't necessarily have to buy 1 whole coin...

You can buy shares of a bitcoin pegged trust fund from OTCmarkets, look for $GBTC

To be fair I think it's pretty cheap right now. Likely to blast through previous all time high by sometimes next year.

Seeing as market is in shambles and 2016 projects to be worse it's a nice non-correlated asset to own with great upside.

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
When does compound interest begin

Well he's talking about buying stock options on a fund that tracks oil prices. Really no compound interest there. Its a one time transaction til the options expire.
How do you factor in P/e ration when buying stock?

I like p/e to determine if a stock is cheap or expensive. You usually compare it to other companies in the industry. But it's not the only metric obviously.

Forward p/e I look at as well for future projections.

Blackrogue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Nai
quick question. What degrees or education did most of you pursue in order to understand this industry or stock dynamics the best.

I own a business but I want to prepare myself for opportunities to run bigger companies down the line and invest in stock market. So naturally I don't want to study something just to have a piece of paper. I want something I can benefit from what they teach.

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
quick question. What degrees or education did most of you pursue in order to understand this industry or stock dynamics the best.

I own a business but I want to prepare myself for opportunities to run bigger companies down the line and invest in stock market. So naturally I don't want to study something just to have a piece of paper. I want something I can benefit from what they teach.
Man you can teach yourself honestly. I've learned the old fashioned way, asking questions. I have a brokerage account also so I have bought and sold stock. I ran across an older white cat who gave me mad information. Now I'm learning about p/e, dividend and yield. How to tell if a stock is over or under priced. It's actually fun

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL

While certain degrees may be helpful, it's not necessary to have a degree in order to get a good understanding of investing in stocks. Most information is free on the Internet or you can read in books. I'm pretty sure there are plenty links in this thread that can link to some great information.

This thread is pretty long but I suggest reading some of the first pages or so. Check out investopedia, Reddit. Also do research on companies you are considering investing in. I went to college for fukking English but after reading this thread and doing research I've started the process of investing.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos

I'm no expert like some of the guys here but I learned alot from the internet. Investopedia is a great source.

If you're a beginner these two links should help:

Investing 101: Introduction | Investopedia
Stocks Basics: Introduction | Investopedia

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca

Im on investopedia right now studying p/e ratios. Makes it simple. Lot of good shyt on there

Blackrogue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Nai
thanks to the aboves. will look at investopedia. I think I'll probably be able to be good at this , I have a good ability to conceptualize things, pattern recognition etc that will help me with the mathematics and abstraction of everything.

What are the returns like verses putting money in a fixed deposit or in extra business ventures? I assume day trading has highest risk reward but I wonder about the others