Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
Cypress Semiconductor Corp. (NASDAQ: CY) was started as Outperform with a $14 price target (versus a $9.63 close) at Oppenheimer. The stock has a consensus analyst price target of $13.13, as well as a 52-week range of $8.11 to $16.25.

Encana Corp. (NYSE: ECA) was raised to Buy from Hold with a $9.50 price target at Jefferies. Encana closed down over 8% at $5.54 on Monday, and shares were indicated up 3.8% at $5.75 early on Tuesday. Its consensus analyst price target is still listed as over $10, and its 52-week range is $5.43 to $14.73. Jefferies said that Enacana’s severe relative share price weakness was exacerbated by a surprise dividend cut, but this appears to be prudent and the stock looks inexpensive at a discount to the firm’s risk-adjusted asset value.

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
Man I'm thinking it's near time to start looking at energy companies. I got my eyes on Halliburton

sounds like their merger with Baker Hughes may fall apart. Probably a good thing for them. Not sure how the market will look at it. It's down today. They were going to have to take on a lot of debt to buy Baker.

Last edited:

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
sounds like their merger with Baker Hughes may fall apart. Probably a good thing for them. Not sure how the market will look at it. It's down today. They were going to have to take on a lot of debt to buy Baker.
Man what do you think about Fidelity? I'm looking their ETF (energy sector) and comparing it to VDE. They have the exact same holdings, roughly the same return over the past year but fidelity is 17-18 per share and vanguard is much more expensive per share. Why is that

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
Man what do you think about Fidelity? I'm looking their ETF (energy sector) and comparing it to VDE. They have the exact same holdings, roughly the same return over the past year but fidelity is 17-18 per share and vanguard is much more expensive per share. Why is that

Really probably depends on amount of shares issued, supply and demand, etc.

I'd really only start investing in energy I you think this is a bottom for oil prices. Which I don't think I'd make that call yet.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Really probably depends on amount of shares issued, supply and demand, etc.

I'd really only start investing in energy I you think this is a bottom for oil prices. Which I don't think I'd make that call yet.
You think oil has a chance to collapse to cash costs? Even if you call a bottom a bit prematurely here, I dont think there is that much more downside risk here with most of the larger players.

Edit: Saw on zerohedge that a rate cut is being priced in as more likely in january than another hike. Is this true? Dont have bloomberg access today.

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
You think oil has a chance to collapse to cash costs? Even if you call a bottom a bit prematurely here, I dont think there is that much more downside risk here with most of the larger players.

Edit: Saw on zerohedge that a rate cut is being priced in as more likely in january than another hike. Is this true? Dont have bloomberg access today.

Yeah I kind of agree. There really isn't much more downside risk here.

I was just looking at Bloomberg they added another column for probability of rate cut alongside their probability of rate hike. I'll see if I can find it again when I get a chance.

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
@Futuristic Eskimo

CWXzoa0XAAAOwOr.png:large