Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
I closed my betterment account. Transferred my Roth and investment account money into my personal and I'll move that shyt over to my Barclays account. I want to see what direction the market is going in before I commit anything else. I'm keeping my Nike stock because of the split and I have some AT&T shares. But that's it for right now. I probably lost a hundred bucks or so. Just pay off my credit card bills and keep it moving.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
There's a lot of volatility now but it seems like one or two bad days is followed by a succession of good days that wipe losses away(for me at least).
I also just keep reinvesting my dividends and buying on dips. I'm at a slight loss due to some etfs and oil, but my individual stock are up 8-10%.
Not the worst thing in the world to go into next year at a loss.

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
There's a lot of volatility now but it seems like one or two bad days is followed by a succession of good days that wipe losses away(for me at least).
I also just keep reinvesting my dividends and buying on dips. I'm at a slight loss due to some etfs and oil, but my individual stock are up 8-10%.
Not the worst thing in the world to go into next year at a loss.
What individual stocks r u buying?

无名的

Superstar
Daps
Im hearing Halliburton is a steal right now

There are a lot of probable steals. . . just depends on your appetite for risk.

Halliburton won't be going bankrupt any time soon, so it's safer than a shale play like EP Energy. But a Halliburton is trading at 2x book value, which isn't unreasonable, but is a little more standard in the industry than what's happening in shale.

EP Energy and so many other shale plays are heavily burdened by debt. EPE, for example, is trading at around 0.25 book value. In the high 3s per share and book value of around $17 per share.

At this point, you either believe a shale play will go bankrupt or it will recover. I think EPE is heavily indebted, but debt doesn't mature for a few years and they're almost fully hedged this year and next with some hedging in 2017 as well. Continue to increase operational efficiency and reduce capex. I don't think they're going bankrupt in the near future, so I'm going balls deep in LEAPS to significantly reduce my cost basis. The PE firms backing EPE are in for about $10 a share. Maybe they sell the company, but it won't be near the prices it's at now. Think it's a no brainer right now.

Find a shale play you won't think will go bankrupt because they've all been massacred. That's where your steal will be and you will clean the fukk up by either buying and holding long term or buying LEAPS.

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
There's a pretty respected analyst at SunTrust named Peck and he upped his price target for YHOO to $45 saying it's getting sold in the next 6 months.
What are some long term growth/dividend stocks you recommend? I'm starting with Nike and AT&T. This cat led me to aristocrat stocks but I was just wanting to see if you had any knowledge you had. I like to pick people's brains

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
What are some long term growth/dividend stocks you recommend? I'm starting with Nike and AT&T. This cat led me to aristocrat stocks but I was just wanting to see if you had any knowledge you had. I like to pick people's brains

utilities typically always have good dividends. I would definitely hold those 2 stocks for the long term.

I used to really like Chevron until oil prices took a nosedive.

Looking at that list a lot of those companies you really can't go wrong with. Not sure I like the futures of KO or MCD because of a health push by the public.

I like 3M, KMB is good safe stock.....there's a lot of companies on that list that I like.

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
gpro is up 13% so far. Announced their drone and FBR thinks Apple should buy them.

As Apple's growth reaches a critical point, the company should consider buying GoPro, Adobe Systems (ADBE) or Box (BOX), FBR said in a report on Thursday, Barrons reports.
Was wondering why they were up today. This was kind of expected though. Most of my research online has said that GoPro would do a lot better starting next year with the drone and VR.

I have about 30 shares so at this point I'm debating on whether to buy more for the long term or just try to make a small profit.