Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
thanks to the aboves. will look at investopedia. I think I'll probably be able to be good at this , I have a good ability to conceptualize things, pattern recognition etc that will help me with the mathematics and abstraction of everything.

What are the returns like verses putting money in a fixed deposit or in extra business ventures? I assume day trading has highest risk reward but I wonder about the others
It pretty much depends on the company you decide to invest in. You can invest in companies that you think have a high potential for growth, like a lot of the new tech companies. For example, if you invested in Facebook early on you would be doing pretty decent. I think when it did its IPO it was around $18 a share, now it's above $100 and still has the potential to grow.

Or you can invest in blue-chip type stocks, stocks from companies that have a good track record, a recognizable and valuable brand, and pay a decent dividend. A couple of examples of these would be companies like Coke, AT&T, GE, Verizon. These companies don't see too much shift as far as stock price goes, but they are usually reliable and you don't have to worry that much about taking any big loses.

GoPro

EscoBeard Season Has Returned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#CertLife #ITGang

:damn::damn::damn::damn: I havent followed that stock in months. Looks like exactly what happened to one of my holdings. Watching your money evaporate over time is humbling. If I was close to retirement, id be ready to walk into their offices and shoot shyt up. But Im young and can recover, especially since it looks like I'm getting a fat promotion soon :win:

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
I bought 500.00 worth of shares of bank of america today. Looking at wells fargo. As far as i can tell, they have never had a negative year. Im gonna get some GE stock too. Their p/e is high but its because they are expecting strong growth in the coming years.

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
Waddell & Reed sounding very 2008ish here.

CWOdYlzUYAAwpi7.jpg:large

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
Valeant back from the dead.

Speaking of the dead is SUNE really in that bad of shape? It's priced like it's going into bankruptcy and I think solar is really going more mainstream here. They mismanage the company this poorly?

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
Valeant back from the dead.

Speaking of the dead is SUNE really in that bad of shape? It's priced like it's going into bankruptcy and I think solar is really going more mainstream here. They mismanage the company this poorly?
I've been keeping an eye on SUNE for a while now. The reason the stock dropped so much is like you said, bad management. The company made some bad deals but in the past few days with the recent deals between Vivint and JP Morgan, the stock has turned around, at least for time being.