Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Made a couple hundred off spy calls and puts today :francis:

Can somebody spit some game on Adobe for me? Why is it so expensive? The financial performance has worsened over the last few years yet it is beasting. What prospects does it have that i dont know of

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
got burned on an EBAY release today...thought it was after hours and bought my options yesterday not before the open. :francis:. Added more puts though (expiring sooner) so hopefully i can break even soon. I will probably add to my October Put position too. The PayPal spinoff is tomorrow and looking at this latest release it looks like Ebay is actually smaller than Paypal and is not growing. I think their YOY quarter performance for the marketplace business was actually down about 2% where as Paypals grew about 15%.

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
problem with VXX is it buys futures so now it's rolling into august.

http://www.barchart.com/commodityfutures/CBOE_S&P_500_VIX_Futures/VI

August is +/-$2.30 over the spot. Big premium this ETF has to pay. Market is really going to have sell off for anyone to make any money in VXX for a few weeks.

@NeverBePeace

you don't want to be long VXX unless you're expecting a big macro event like I think you were doing with this Greece thing. You want to be short this thing all the time. Money is probably made but next time VIX is in the teens short it

347 All Time New Lows out of 1625 Trading Days

CKDfDcpUsAAofVX.png

NeverBePeace

Rookie
Supporter
Daps
Made a couple hundred off spy calls and puts today :francis:

Can somebody spit some game on Adobe for me? Why is it so expensive? The financial performance has worsened over the last few years yet it is beasting. What prospects does it have that i dont know of
Doesn't Adobe buy back their stock? Also, a continual increase in cloud based subscriptions.

@NeverBePeace

you don't want to be long VXX unless you're expecting a big macro event like I think you were doing with this Greece thing. You want to be short this thing all the time. Money is probably made but next time VIX is in the teens short it

347 All Time New Lows out of 1625 Trading Days

CKDfDcpUsAAofVX.png
Yea I took my L and got out of VXX. I should have realized Greece was not prepared for Grexit.

I sold my Netflix stock today and tried to jump into Google, but sharebuilder said I had to wait 3 days for all of my trades to settle. :pacspit:
Officially throwing sharebuilder in the bushes and going with Robinhood. I've been hearing good things about it. (although it makes you wait 3 days as well)

OSUBaneBrowns

Ohio to California
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Long Beach, CA
Doesn't Adobe buy back their stock? Also, a continual increase in cloud based subscriptions.

Yea I took my L and got out of VXX. I should have realized Greece was not prepared for Grexit.

I sold my Netflix stock today and tried to jump into Google, but sharebuilder said I had to wait 3 days for all of my trades to settle. :pacspit:
Officially throwing sharebuilder in the bushes and going with Robinhood. I've been hearing good things about it. (although it makes you wait 3 days as well)
I think only the full service brokerage firms only make you wait a day to settle.

NeverBePeace

Rookie
Supporter
Daps
got burned on an EBAY release today...thought it was after hours and bought my options yesterday not before the open. :francis:. Added more puts though (expiring sooner) so hopefully i can break even soon. I will probably add to my October Put position too. The PayPal spinoff is tomorrow and looking at this latest release it looks like Ebay is actually smaller than Paypal and is not growing. I think their YOY quarter performance for the marketplace business was actually down about 2% where as Paypals grew about 15%.

Interested in PayPal. I've been hearing for awhile that they've been keeping Ebay afloat.

I think only the full service brokerage firms only make you wait a day to settle.
I've just been trading more heavily then normal. It caught me off guard haha

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits

its the T+3 rule