Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

OSUBaneBrowns

Ohio to California
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Long Beach, CA
http://local.amazon.com/los-angeles/B00YPVGSP6/cpd-certified-online-financial-trading-course
http://local.amazon.com/los-angeles/B00YPVGSP6/cpd-certified-online-financial-trading-course
Do you trading heads think this is a good course to buy? I don't know the first thing about stocks but would like to eventually get into it.
Just go to the library and take out a book about investing. It not complicated at all and you will save $30. Also you can google about certain investment issues if you still unsure about them.

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Take with a grain of salt as I'm far from an expert

For a 5-10 year hold I like:

Social Media: FB - 60% of my portfolio right now and I'm up 27% since I bought Jan 2014. To me this is THE play, it will be trading 10X current PPS in a few years. People will be looking at it like NFLX and kicking themselves for not buying.

IP Patents: MARA. I also like VHC, or if you want super high risk, VRNG (Mark Cuban has shares so it will find a way towards gains IMO)

3D Printing: SSYS (other options are DDD, or on the riskier side ONVO)

Cell Phone Provider: TMUS

and a Chinese play: I like YOD, but it's a gamble. BABA is probably your best bet for low risk. Something like YOKU or DANG could fly. I'm so damn intrigued by these China stocks. I'm 99% sure we will see the sector have a parabolic run at some point in the next few years.

Again, this is just my own speculation and gut feeling. Buyer beware

Also, the most important thing is to be patient, make sure you have stop losses, and then treat it like the crock pot. "set it and forget it".

Went in on VRNG after reading this last night. :salute:

无名的

Superstar
Daps
Buying that SH option almost 9 or so months ago seemed like such a good idea at the time... now a short 5 months away from taking a massive $2,500 L.

Lesson learned. Don't time the markets. Planned to straddle a contract and decided against buying the SH put. fukking stupid.

:francis:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Buying that SH option almost 9 or so months ago seemed like such a good idea at the time... now a short 5 months away from taking a massive $2,500 L.

Lesson learned. Don't time the markets. Planned to straddle a contract and decided against buying the SH put. fukking stupid.

Why would you buy a SH call instead of a SPY put? It seems to be much less liquid.

Swagaveli

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Europe
Guys don't play these fukkin earnings, so many variables and really a pure gamble for the most part..Or if you do, go in very small and treat it as a gamble.

I say this, cuz earnings season has begun again and this one looks to be very shytty overall. Earnings plays are the reason I blew my account and am now just observing and taking in all sorts of info, aka on the sidelines. You could get the most perfect chart setups + all the signs in the world, but all you need is one piece of negative info or a retarded CC, and poof your earnings play is now down 10-20% and you're fukked.

Let me not even go into options with 1-2 months to expiry - boy are those earnings priced the fukk in on those. Going very far out in time, but close to ITM and doing so +2 weeks prior to ER date is the only smart way to play options on earnings - even then with max 5% or so of your trading capital.

So yeah, learn from my mistakes brehs. Obviously I say this to the newer blood in here...

On other news, the Iran deal was already priced in heavy for a while already. Greece is a fukkin shytshow and a joke, LOL... China will be in a world of pain for some time being I think - too pumped up as a market.

NeverBePeace

Rookie
Supporter
Daps

It's the game bruh :mjcry:

Shanghai down 2% tonight so far. Glad I got out of Alibaba.