Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have no idea and to be honest I have no idea what You On Demand does.

@Bernie Madoff

I've been in and out of You On Demand for a minute. I'm holding 500 shares long right now.

They're a streaming video service in China. Right now they are operating at a loss but they've secured licenses with major productions companies to be their exclusive digital content distributor in China (ie. 21st Century Fox, Disney). Also don't quote me on this but I believe they have a contract with some facet of the Chinese government that they are the only company that can sell pay per video content for the next 20 years. Whether that's worth a pound of salt I don't know

I like YOD as a buy and hold play. Between the name recognition of Shane McMahon, impressive deals on the table and having a relatively good business concept in a massively emerging market, speculatively I think there's big upside here. Their PRs are good too, I'm sure they'll get an occasional pump if nothing else.

It's a gamble sure but sometimes gambles pay off :manny:

franknitty711

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
why has YELP been up? I really haven't seen any news other than Ricky Sandler's firm taking a big stake.

I did well on a 49.00 put that I closed for a 130 profit (1 contract)

I purchased a 46.00 put that expires June 19. Yelp reached 44.90 before jumping up recently to 48/49. Im down about 20 percent. Hopefully it drops back down but well see.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Man if I didnt dabble in the spy after go pro took that post earnings dip I'd be up like 2500-3000. But now i'm only up a few hundred for the year