Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

BlaxOps

Pro
Daps
:mjlol:We in the same boat. I will say though, I don't recommend day trading unless you have at least 25k, that way the brokers/market can't nerf you. That's why most folk don't eat; they get manipulated into thinking that there's a different reason for why they don't succeed. The truth is the amount of capital you have to invest is the true barometer of success in the market.
You dont need 25k to day trade. Just use a cash account. You can use the entire buying power daily if trading options. It resets daily.

I only keep 10k in my daytrading account.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
SoFi running up before earnings again. If I wasn’t such a dumb ass for buying it before it turned a profit I could be making money off this instead of just accumulating more shares to average down because my cost basis is $13.50.

El_Mero_Mero

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
SoFi running up before earnings again. If I wasn’t such a dumb ass for buying it before it turned a profit I could be making money off this instead of just accumulating more shares to average down because my cost basis is $13.50.
My TDOC cost basis is about $16.50. I know the feels.

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
My TDOC cost basis is about $16.50. I know the feels.

Why are you still holding onto it, breh? Seeing red sucks, but it's not worth keeping a stock that's not making you any money. If you truly believe in Teladoc, you might consider loading up at $10, but if that's not the case, it's time to move on. Cut your losses and put that money into stocks that are actually growing.

Don't let a single position drag you down, breh. There are so many great companies out there, and Teladoc ain't one of them. There are better opportunities that can make your money work harder and grow faster.

Last edited:

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps

i wouldn't worry too much at all. i would avg down.

this dude likes it alot. i watch this guy for options

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
interesting. typically when ziptrader opens his mouth it pops 10-15%.

Last edited:

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
You dont need 25k to day trade. Just use a cash account. You can use the entire buying power daily if trading options. It resets daily.

I only keep 10k in my daytrading account.
:mjlol:Even with a cash account, you can get hoed if you use a broker like Schaub (for example). 10k is still more than the average person invests with. Still, the point remains the same. If you have the capital to average down and stay in the pocket when everyone else is panic selling, you will eat more often than not. It comes down to capital.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
i wouldn't worry too much at all. i would avg down.

this dude likes it alot. i watch this guy for options

Nah it's just that you can wait for a company to hit gap profitability before investing in it and still make a lot of money on it if you plan to invest in it long term.

You don't have to be very early to the party and buy a stock day one as a long term investment. Trading however is different.

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps

I like Sofi. Stock performance has been bad tho.

But Noto has been buying and he has a massive incentive for the stock to reach, $25, $35, $45 Over the next few years.

I add here and there, but I'm not focused on building my sofi position at this point.