Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Oddly enough, over the last 2.5 years my biggest investing mistake was trying to diversify.

Wish I would have poured everything in Palantir, Tesla, and Nvidia. And to a lesser extent Sofi, even though it's been flat.

Still up, but damn...I would have been UP UP.

Yea, I think I’ll just go in and double quadruple down on Nu, Sofi, and Palantir

Nu been good to me, got in at $7. Sofi been disappointing, got in at $19 :/ and Palantir will be my new addition. I pump cash into my “customized” ETFs on M1 (FAANG companies, etc) but I also gotta stop being a p*ssy.

My biggest regret is when my coworker, a tech nerd, stayed gassin up AMD to me 8 years ago when the shyt was at $19, I finally bought maybe 50 shares at $28… that hoe at $170 now :dead:

And I sold my 50 at like $90 something to kickstart my bid of sofi at $19 :mjlol:

I been working overseas and saving cash last few years so I’m a quarter mil liquid and will put at least 50-60k in these bytches.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
it never left. $3000 by 2030. :salute:

Screenshot-20240703-083318-Fidelity.jpg

This is incredible. If i may ask, what would you say is your minimum (or optimal) number of shares you would want in a stock you believe in long term but hasn't quite gone nuclear yet?

Granted i know you may never truly stop buying shares of it, but do you have target goals? Did you tell yourself a stack of Tesla before you slowed down on it?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Oddly enough, over the last 2.5 years my biggest investing mistake was trying to diversify.

Wish I would have poured everything in Palantir, Tesla, and Nvidia. And to a lesser extent Sofi, even though it's been flat.

Still up, but damn...I would have been UP UP.
In hindsight you can see the right moves. In the moment you can’t. You can look back and see the moves that would have been wins but would you be comfortable if they turned into huge Ls?

If I had to do it all over again I would go 60% in an S&P 500 index fund and the other 40% into 6 companies I really like.

BlaxOps

Pro
Daps
GameStop Corp. Chief Executive Ryan Cohen has joined the likes of Tesla Inc. CEO Elon Musk and billionaire hedge funder Bill Ackman in endorsing presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump in the wake of his attempted assassination on Saturday.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Popping back in after ignoring this thread for months.
There's been a lot of ups and downs, but the Fidelity account where I mess around with my ETF calls is up MASSIVELY over the past two months. My intention was to use this account to speculate up money for a car...now I've exceeded my goals so much that whenever I take money out, its growing back and making up for it in three days. And I'm still driving my 11 year old car :mjlol:

The bulk of the money is in QQQ, XLK, and GOOGL calls. This week I've started loading up on IWM (russell 2000) calls. I'm betting on the market to start 'broadening' out to the smaller stocks that haven't come back to their highs yet.

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
This is incredible. If i may ask, what would you say is your minimum (or optimal) number of shares you would want in a stock you believe in long term but hasn't quite gone nuclear yet?

Granted i know you may never truly stop buying shares of it, but do you have target goals? Did you tell yourself a stack of Tesla before you slowed down on it?

Number of shares ain't a big deal to me. It’s all about making money, breh. If I see BRK-A has a chance to 5x in the next 2-3 years, I’ll buy a share without hesitation.

For TSLA, which is my strongest conviction stock, I’ve been buying over and over. from 2019-2021 for this account.

tsla-buy.png

I don't set targets for my long-term holds. Staying flexible and adapting to market changes is key for me.

If i could go back in time, i wouldn't spend all my $ money on longs. i would've crafted my trading skills and trade daily like what i'm doing right now. if you know chart patterns then you can eat in the market daily. many of these hot stocks gain 25-30% yearly. you can gain 25-30% monthly basis day trading.

i know this is a horrible advise. warren buffet ain't gonna be proud of it. but i think it's great to be versatile. people are eating daily in the market. learn how to trade option. learn how to spot a parabolic mover. if you can learn to make money trading, then you can also use the profit to buy longs.

i'm done buying long term stocks to tell you the truth. i'm unemployed and i love it.

today.jpg

Last edited:

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
If i could go back in time, i wouldn't spend all my $ money on longs. i would've crafted my trading skills and trade daily like what i'm doing right now. if you know chart patterns then you can eat in the market daily. many of these hot stocks gain 25-30% yearly. you can gain 25-30% monthly basis day trading.

i know this is a horrible advise. warren buffet ain't gonna be proud of it. but i think it's great to be versatile. people are eating daily in the market. learn how to trade option. learn how to spot a parabolic mover. if you can learn to make money trading, then you can also use the profit to buy longs.
:mjlol:We in the same boat. I will say though, I don't recommend day trading unless you have at least 25k, that way the brokers/market can't nerf you. That's why most folk don't eat; they get manipulated into thinking that there's a different reason for why they don't succeed. The truth is the amount of capital you have to invest is the true barometer of success in the market.

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
Absolutely. Small accounts get crushed all the time. Nikkas get discouraged and quit before things get started. I've seen it all the time. This is why I recommend paper trading first. At worst trade something that has zero dilution risk.

Last edited: