Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

lib123

All Star
Daps
If you're saying the market still has further to fall that's guaranteed money betting against it. I have companies like Facebook, Disney, Google, and others I plan to hold for years to decades and I can lower my cost basis on them right now. I'm doing that and if they fall further then I lower it more.

I'd rather be the guy that lowered my cost basis into a recovery than the guy that sat on the sideline for the entire crash then had to watch the market explode in value on a recovery knowing I could have got great values and didn't because I was afraid of short term losses.

Every crash there's someone that sits it out due to fear. Eats them alive when they miss out on the action and then have to watch the recovery knowing they did nothing just to play it safe.

Many of the most successful investors wait for a correction before re-entering. Corrections follow the same patterns historically. Waiting until after the capitulation phase is the best time to re-enter.

Reign X

Pro
Daps
Tesla is wildly overvalued and Elon is wildly erratic with questionable character. Not a good combination.

how long have Tesla bears been saying this, 15 years? At some point maybe it’s time to realize that they’re wrong and they aren’t analyzing the company properly. Early Amazon got a lot of this type of shyt too.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Many of the most successful investors wait for a correction before re-entering. Corrections follow the same patterns historically. Waiting until after the capitulation phase is the best time to re-enter.
Warren Buffet is buying right now. Buying isn't about trying to do market timing it's about valuing a company and determining that you're getting good value for the money. Trying to time phases of the market is pointless. By your own admission you still believe the market has further to fall but even you won't put money behind that belief.

You're playing it safe in a time of uncertainty. Nothing wrong with that but why not admit it? Seems like you don't have conviction either way really.

lib123

All Star
Daps
how long have Tesla bears been saying this, 15 years? At some point maybe it’s time to realize that they’re wrong and they aren’t analyzing the company properly. Early Amazon got a lot of this type of shyt too.

Amazon’s valuation wasn’t as overinflated as Tesla’s.

lib123

All Star
Daps
Warren Buffet is buying right now. Buying isn't about trying to do market timing it's about valuing a company and determining that you're getting good value for the money. Trying to time phases of the market is pointless. By your own admission you still believe the market has further to fall but even you won't put money behind that belief.

You're playing it safe in a time of uncertainty. Nothing wrong with that but why not admit it? Seems like you don't have conviction either way really.

I never said I wasn’t putting money behind my belief that the market will continue falling. The topic is whether now is a good time to increase
long positions.

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
after yesterday's big move i am not surprised we get a big red day. i think shorts were just closing their position yesterday which caused the big spike.

BlaxOps

Pro
Daps
I kinda figured TSLA would sell off after Elon said he was going to shift over to Twitter CEO "for a few months".