Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

lib123

All Star
Daps
I get that but my point is that this isn't an ordinary moment with a pandemic, a war, inflation, chip shortages, housing shortage, water shortage, etc. all going on all at the same time. Of course there's going to be bad months in the market and people should be able to weather that and hold strong no doubt.. and yeah the concept of buy low and sell high will always ring true, but to say people aren't built for this -meaning in this volatile uncertain era that's going on right now- is cheap talk. I would never make a statement like that if I'm bag holding and my portfolio is down more than 40% which from the posts you make seems to be the case. Hey you've got the cash reserves to withstand major losses and that's great, I have a nice safety cushion as well, but to say "people aren't built for this" come on breh

Yeah and people are going to lose even more by DCA'ing on the way down. We keep telling them that Nasdaq took literally 16 years to recover from March 2000 peak but they don't listen. And it didn't bottom out until Sep 2002. And just looking at the index is deceptive because many of those tech companies went bankrupt.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Yeah and people are going to lose even more by DCA'ing on the way down. We keep telling them that Nasdaq took literally 16 years to recover from March 2000 peak but they don't listen. And it didn't bottom out until Sep 2002. And just looking at the index is deceptive because many of those tech companies went bankrupt.
Risk is a part of life. Nothing worthwhile comes without it. You're right it could be 16 years. Hell it might never come back in our lifetimes but there's another side to that as well. If you can't take the risk then the sidelines is the best place for you. I'm investing money I don't need and don't plan to spend for a long time. I can wait.

lib123

All Star
Daps
Risk is a part of life. Nothing worthwhile comes without it. You're right it could be 16 years. Hell it might never come back in our lifetimes but there's another side to that as well. If you can't take the risk then the sidelines is the best place for you. I'm investing money I don't need and don't plan to spend for a long time. I can wait.

It’s a bad risk to take if you haven’t studied bubbles. Yes, it’s impossible to detect the exact bottom. But historically speaking, it’s wise to wait for indexes to fall by 40-50% before re-entering in a major way.

BlaxOps

Pro
Daps
It’s a bad risk to take if you haven’t studied bubbles. Yes, it’s impossible to detect the exact bottom. But historically speaking, it’s wise to wait for indexes to fall by 40-50% before re-entering in a major way.
50% from highs or current levels?

Starski

Superstar
Daps
It’s crazy cause it seems everyone is bearish but positioning is still bullish (ARKK still seeing positive inflows and not outflows)

Like everyone saying it the end but still expecting a rocket up.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
It’s crazy cause it seems everyone is bearish but positioning is still bullish (ARKK still seeing positive inflows and not outflows)

Like everyone saying it the end but still expecting a rocket up.
Cause big money, the people that have the power/capital to make things move are still pushing everything down, trying to force people out of their positions. One day this will end, and lots of people will have been scared away and taken advantage of :francis:

Starski

Superstar
Daps
Cause big money, the people that have the power/capital to make things move are still pushing everything down, trying to force people out of their positions. One day this will end, and lots of people will have been scared away and taken advantage of :francis:

Lol besides a few outliers “big money” has the same psychology and behavioral biases as retail.

tiger global managment (~100b in assets) are down ~45ish percent ytd.

Retail and “big money” in the same boat.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Lol besides a few outliers “big money” has the same psychology and behavioral biases as retail.

tiger global managment (~100b in assets) are down ~45ish percent ytd.

Retail and “big money” in the same boat.
naw man, i’m talking market makers, Big, BIG money.

and even some of the smaller “big” money that may be down, are super ok with things continuing down. They will always get a better price than retail when it eventually bottoms. This is just fuel for the recovery to a lot of them.

Reign X

Pro
Daps

Truly don't understand how people don't see this dude for what he really is. Downfall will be massive.

You think Tesla will fall due to everything else crashing, or you hating on Tesla as a company? Elon can be a weirdo, it still doesn’t stop what’s been created at Tesla and the talented people they have working for them.