Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

lib123

All Star
Daps
I’m not a big biden fan but worst five is really pushing it. For stock, the fed could only increase its balance sheet and buy stuff up for so long. I know it really sucks for some of us right now, but broaden your horizon and dca or wait for correction. Win and lib had the convo in here about it. I haven’t bought much in a bit cause I thought this may happen. But I’ll probably be buying not too far from now if I can.

First the battle was profitability. Tesla bears said it wouldn’t happen. It did. Now the goal post is valuation. It really comes down to future growth rates. We probably vastly disagree on future projections. I still believe tesla will be a multi trillion dollar company in future. It is ahead of the curve and not a normal company. If the bottom falls on this current market it’ll drop with it, and I’ll gladly buy more.

Musk himself said Tesla was weeks away from bankruptcy in 2018, so bears weren't being far-fetched at all. And the valuation discounts other major companies catching up with EVs. Sorry, but when the biggest proponents of a stock are everyday retail investors, usually it won't meet expectations.

BlaxOps

Pro
Daps
I know it can't be explained like this, but can someone explain puts and shorts like a 5 year old? Isn't that the only way to make money in a bear market?
Short (stocks), Put (options) - When you think a stock is going to go down.

Example:

Microsoft is $300, you think it will drop to $270.

Short:
You "Sell/Borrow" 5 shares of $MSFT at $300, and buy them back at $270.... Keep the difference ($150)

Puts, same concept, just in multiples of 100.

***You can buy put options against your long term positions to hedge against the sell off also.

Last edited:

Reign X

Pro
Daps
Musk himself said Tesla was weeks away from bankruptcy in 2018, so bears weren't being far-fetched at all. And the valuation discounts other major companies catching up with EVs. Sorry, but when the biggest proponents of a stock are everyday retail investors, usually it won't meet expectations.

Ron Barron and Cathie wood are just retail investors?

Shorts got burned by Tesla, some big investors and retail, really a great moment for regular people that held. Shorts tried to take out Tesla and at the end helped pay for more giga factories.

Tesla used to be laughed at for manufacturing. And now it’s at the point where they’re making cars 2-3 times faster then competitors. Sandy Munro is a car guy and see’s how far ahead Tesla is. But go ahead, say it’s just retail.

I understand the hate for elon, and think he’s hit or miss in general as a person but he’s helped build a great company.

lib123

All Star
Daps
Ron Barron and Cathie wood are just retail investors?

Shorts got burned by Tesla, some big investors and retail, really a great moment for regular people that held. Shorts tried to take out Tesla and at the end helped pay for more giga factories.

Tesla used to be laughed at for manufacturing. And now it’s at the point where they’re making cars 2-3 times faster then competitors. Sandy Munro is a car guy and see’s how far ahead Tesla is. But go ahead, say it’s just retail.

I understand the hate for elon, and think he’s hit or miss in general as a person but he’s helped build a great company.

Ron and Cathie built their names off Tesla. By and large institutions have been skeptical.