Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
It’s a bad risk to take if you haven’t studied bubbles. Yes, it’s impossible to detect the exact bottom. But historically speaking, it’s wise to wait for indexes to fall by 40-50% before re-entering in a major way.
I mean if you know this then you’re Michael Burry. Bet against the market. You’re letting uncertainty dictate what you do. Again you may be right. I’d prefer to continue buying companies I like as they fall. If I lose I’ll have to live with it but doing nothing doesn’t sit right with me. Either I bet with or against the market and I prefer to bet with it.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Cause big money, the people that have the power/capital to make things move are still pushing everything down, trying to force people out of their positions. One day this will end, and lots of people will have been scared away and taken advantage of :francis:

That's the game.. they buy your positions at the low. They pump them up. Then you buy in. Then they beat you down Lol

lib123

All Star
Daps
You think Tesla will fall due to everything else crashing, or you hating on Tesla as a company? Elon can be a weirdo, it still doesn’t stop what’s been created at Tesla and the talented people they have working for them.

Tesla is wildly overvalued and Elon is wildly erratic with questionable character. Not a good combination.

lib123

All Star
Daps
I mean if you know this then you’re Michael Burry. Bet against the market. You’re letting uncertainty dictate what you do. Again you may be right. I’d prefer to continue buying companies I like as they fall. If I lose I’ll have to live with it but doing nothing doesn’t sit right with me. Either I bet with or against the market and I prefer to bet with it.

In some cases it’s best to do nothing and wait.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
In some cases it’s best to do nothing and wait.
If you're saying the market still has further to fall that's guaranteed money betting against it. I have companies like Facebook, Disney, Google, and others I plan to hold for years to decades and I can lower my cost basis on them right now. I'm doing that and if they fall further then I lower it more.

I'd rather be the guy that lowered my cost basis into a recovery than the guy that sat on the sideline for the entire crash then had to watch the market explode in value on a recovery knowing I could have got great values and didn't because I was afraid of short term losses.

Every crash there's someone that sits it out due to fear. Eats them alive when they miss out on the action and then have to watch the recovery knowing they did nothing just to play it safe.

BlaxOps

Pro
Daps