Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I mean some of you guys had to expect this was coming right? I got rid of most of my TSLA over 1000 and am only really bag holding on WISH.

When all rational signs point to stocks should be going down for two years, but they’ve only gone up, that’s a huge clue.

With the pandemic flash crash you saw companies earnings destroyed in a way that was black swan worthy. For the stocks to recover before the companies even opened fully, then post monster earnings QoQ was a classic bait and switch. Look for good companies that have taken a beating already and invest in those IMO.
i think some of yall overlook how big that drop was in feb/mar of 21 that got people in positions they couldn't sell out of without a loss. back then choice was sell at a 30% loss...but the prevailing advice was ride it out, then we hit a point of 40-50% losses, not 70%....so sure, those who really jumped on cutting losses may have ejected, but some shyt is just down so bad you roll with it.

and even solid companies, BA, DIS, chips - they all down, i wouldn't get rid of those, those you DCA and keep it going. but speculative growth, that shyt burst quickly, not just this year

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This is true is theory but we in some unpreceded times right now on all fronts. You've even said numerous times it might take years for you to get most of your gains back. That doesn't really count as making your money grow when you first have to recoup your losses to get back to the break even point
If making money in the market was really easy everybody would be millionaires. Moments like what we're going through separate the people that go on to make major money from the ones that mostly just lose it. If you just look at a stock price going down and let that lead you then you gonna get bodied. If the company is doing well and the price is falling then that's a great time to buy.

BlaxOps

Pro
Daps

$RKLB successfully caught the stage 1 booster with the helicopter. Good stuff.

lib123

All Star
Daps
I've actually low key starting buying shyt that I think will be around in the next 5 years.

Idk about timing the bottom though, but I think we got a long way to drop. Especially as panic induces in the market and a looming recession.

Just make sure everyone has savings, isnt on margin in case you get laid off

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I’m officially on the sidelines for the most part. Have a couple small positions in spy. But I’m watching the market until post summer. :hubie:

Coming close as well. Just holding Tesla and AMD atm and will unload the amd if ER is good and just have tesla for the forseeable future. Maybe a couple random day trades but chill mode for a bit.

This may sound ridiculous but it aint really dawn on me how bad shyt is out here till I went to cop a burrito and the price had increased about 3 dollars since last time I went there :dead:

thats a negligible amount of money in the grand scheme but the fact that shyt is going up, 25-50% in under 6 months is incredibly spooky.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
If making money in the market was really easy everybody would be millionaires. Moments like what we're going through separate the people that go on to make major money from the ones that mostly just lose it. If you just look at a stock price going down and let that lead you then you gonna get bodied. If the company is doing well and the price is falling then that's a great time to buy.
I get that but my point is that this isn't an ordinary moment with a pandemic, a war, inflation, chip shortages, housing shortage, water shortage, etc. all going on all at the same time. Of course there's going to be bad months in the market and people should be able to weather that and hold strong no doubt.. and yeah the concept of buy low and sell high will always ring true, but to say people aren't built for this -meaning in this volatile uncertain era that's going on right now- is cheap talk. I would never make a statement like that if I'm bag holding and my portfolio is down more than 40% which from the posts you make seems to be the case. Hey you've got the cash reserves to withstand major losses and that's great, I have a nice safety cushion as well, but to say "people aren't built for this" come on breh